Qd32 gearbox with rd28 tansfur

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popit

Reaction score
Hey guys I know you can't put a 3l patrol transfer case on to a zd30 box but can you put a rd28 on the qd32 gearbox, or what transfer case will? I wanna run patrol diffs in the car I'm building that's why I want to do the swap

Cheers, michael

Really? Without any adaptor plates? Is there a thread on where someone has done it? I've looked but I'm new to the site n couldn't really find anything.

qd uses the same gearbox as z32/r33, whitch is same as rd
bellhousing's should be interchangeable, just look into it by looking up the gearbox model number for your car etc etc

So I got a 98 gu 2.8 gear box and the bell housing doesn't seem to swop out... The lengths for the face of the bell housing to the back isn't the same length but without the 20mm spacer from the 2.8 it is but then the shaft length is to long.

And idea what to do now?
Cheers michael

diggin up oooooold thread, i know...but just been thru this gearbox swap due to sas
98 gu has bellhousing with spacer due to patrol having dual mass flywheel.
machined down input shaft to mimic d22 shaft but in further research gq rd28 gearbox has no spacer and with bellhousing swapped bolt straight up

yeh ive done this too but I swapped the whole Navara gearset into the patrol housing which was not that hard then put a qd32 into my patrol 220,000 khm so far still going strong

the next thing ill be looking into is 6 speed I believe it can also be done with a d40 or s15 gearset

Latest posts

Back