Mounting Led Light Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azznavara

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

I have just Purchased a new D22 and was just wondering if anyone has mounted a Led Light Bar to the Aluminum Sports Bar. And how they did it as the bar isn't flat.

Thanks,

I mounted mine to the roof racks. I have mounted a work light to the sports bar. Just drilled straight through the bar with a 6mm drillbit then went up to 10mm.

I wouldnt recommend mounting a lightbar to the sports bar because its curved. Its entirely up to you. If you screw it up on a roof rack, its way cheaper to replace than a sports bar.

Maybe look at getting a couple of tabs tig welded onto the sports bar to mount the light bar onto. I wouldn't imagine it would cost too much to get a couple of small tabs put on at a general metal fab or engineering place.

Hey hey all

Just purchased myself a 20" single row led light bar from ledlightco.com.au. very easy company to deal with and happy to answer annoying emails. Question is I'm stuck as to how to mount it. Atm i am running 2x hid ipf900 spots on my genuine steel bullbar and wish to mount the led bar above it.

The led bar came with a slimline mounting bracket and a long leg mounting bracket. I have 2 options so far and 1 is to mount on top of bar. This is plenty low enough to not restrict airflow into my topmount cooler. The other is to use the long leg mounts and mount it forward of the top tube rather then on top like in option one?

The next bit is I don't want to have to drill through my steel bar. How do I mount it. Some people have used good quality stainless hose clamps, is this a good idea? I was looking at http://www.ledlightco.com.au/light-bar-o-mount-2-5-8mm-slot/ this style mount but they don't do a 60mm mount.

Help help

I've been eyeing off a 20inch light bar and was going to mount it on top of the bullbar as I also already have spotties on the bar already. I was going to measure the tube tomorrow to see if either of these brackets would work. So the standard nissan steel bar is 60mm on the middle hoop??

http://www.stedi.com.au/bull-bar-mounting-bracket-aluminium-66mm-uhf-black.html

http://www.stedi.com.au/bull-bar-mounting-bracket-aluminium-51mm-black.html

This was going to be my last option if the first 2 brackets wouldn't fit.

http://www.stedi.com.au/adjustable-universal-led-and-off-road-light-mounting-brackets.html

Heh looked at those especially the last one. Seems I will need to install some rubber around it so it pulls up tight and doesn't move. I've gone with the hose clamp idea atm as it does end up feeling quite solid.

Thanks

Heh looked at those especially the last one. Seems I will need to install some rubber around it so it pulls up tight and doesn't move. I've gone with the hose clamp idea atm as it does end up feeling quite solid.

Thanks

I've seen a few D22's on the Navara instagram account with light bars mounted on the top of the middle hoop. Figured it was a standard size and brackets were easily available but I guess not eh?

Exactly what I thought mate. From what I gathered on the Facebook pages they are all using these stainless steel hose clamps. I'll give them a go and see what happens.

The other option may be uhf antenna mounts, the type that clamp on, obviously. ... they are stainless too, so won't have a problem there

I'm using these rusty. Ebay. They fit the top bar of my ARB bar

image-477126855.jpg

image-1600933026.jpg

image-3731399422.jpg

Looked at those navmania. Problem is the genuine bar uses a 60mm tube. They don't make those in 60mm size. The 63(2.5") would work with some rubber around it though

I had these on my D40, they worked well. I still wrapped a thin piece of rubber around my bar to stop any scratching ect of the powder coat and it also helps take out ant vibration through the bar. $40 on fleabay

They are also 63mm but with the thin piece of rubber mat they clamp down perfect and even held tight when the D40 was used as a battering ram on the commodore that ran the stop sign.

Last edited:
Looked at those navmania. Problem is the genuine bar uses a 60mm tube. They don't make those in 60mm size. The 63(2.5") would work with some rubber around it though

Yeah I wrapped rubber and electrical tape around mine to stop any scratches if I ever want to remove it. You can get them in a few sizes but I'm not sure what they are.

I mounted mine straight to the roof. Leaving room to still use the roof racks and leaves the bull bar free for UHF and spotties and rod holders.

Attachments

• image-3161826792.jpg
    image-3161826792.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 147

Latest posts

Back