Rear diff breather

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshy

Reaction score
I heard that the nav has front and rear diff breathers factory...i know the front does but i was poking around the rear the other day...and it looks like theres just a breather cap, no extended line to the chassis like ive read other people have...

Am i the only one?:confused:

I have read the same thing that you have heard Josh.

I hope mine goes somewhere high as have done a few water crossings of late.

Without going out to look im sure Ive noticed a metal tube running off from mine.

Mine had a rubber tube coming off the breather and stopping at the underside of the tub floor, so it still isn't up real high if it has this, I went and grabbed 5 mtrs of fuel hose and ran the breather through the chassis rail up into the engine bay next to the wiper motor.

Mine was the same Josh. I got 6 metres of fuel line cheap, old mate only charged me for 1 metre. I am not complaining.

I got the screw in bit that goes into the diff for $3.50 I think it was from my local Nissan dealer.

100_2474.jpg

This is why I did it, I knew there was going to be plenty of river crossings on a trip.

100_2083.jpg

I ran mine up to the brake booster, I think I used 12 cable ties holding it to the brake lines.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

This is what my diff breathers look like now. I also connected the gearbox breather to them.

DSC01484.sized.jpg

interesting.

i'll have to go double check but my D22 has stock rear diff breather which goes up into the rear chassi.
the front diff, fuel tank and gear box breathers go up into the engine bay. (one of the outlets is top left on jons pic above)

im certain my D40 is the same.. front breather goes into the engine bay, not so sure if it even has a breather extension on the rear diff.

interesting.

i'll have to go double check but my D22 has stock rear diff breather which goes up into the rear chassi.
the front diff, fuel tank and gear box breathers go up into the engine bay. (one of the outlets is top left on jons pic above)

Yeah the only reason I fitted those breathers was because of the rear diff. All the others were already tucked up nice and high but I prefer the filters I have used because it is still quite easy for water and muck to get stuck in the stock tubes.

i have the diff breathers runnimg up into the cab. they go through 1 of the water bungs in the floor and run up to behind the back seat. silicone was used to fill the bung hole in.

Thanks guys...so sounds like some people had the extended rear and some didnt? Guess ill be making myself an extended breather soon.

gday guys........you got me thinking on this.is there any reason (apart from buying those pre made blue coloured breathers) why a bloke couldnt use a new clean petrol fuel filter?
this could go on the end of the hose under the bonnet some whereup high,cheers.

I have also replaced my rear breather. New steel fitting part number NI-38323-C601A CONN-BREATHER for 2006 D22 3.0TD DX Cab Chasis cost $9.95 from Northern Nissan in Melbourne. I ran fuel line along the inside of the chasis and up through the floor ths same as D22King with $2.99 fuel filter on the end.

Latest posts

Back