Gordy's build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navtruckchic

Reaction score
I've noticed a few people have made threads to show and keep everyone updated on what they're doing with their navaras so here's my build thread.

When I first got my 2010 D22 about 7months ago it was pretty much completely stock, I had never driven manual before let alone a 4by diesel. Buying this ute was the best decision I ever made and I love it to bits. Slowly making it mine.

This was it the day I got it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410058527.676311.jpg

It didn't stay stock for long, since then I've added:

-tonneau
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410058653.492467.jpg

-colour matched ARB deluxe bar
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410058833.259011.jpg

-Stickers
Paws for my love of animals
'Mine not his' - just to make it clear it is mine not a guys ride
Grumpy cat coz I love that guy haha
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410058981.759408.jpg

-I also installed an egr blank and put a dash mat in

Latest edition
-lightforce HID 240 blitz spotties
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410059186.792931.jpg

On the cards gotta install my UHF and in the process of changing over all my lights to LED/HID

I've got so much still I want to do, which I'll slowly get to. I am new to the 4by world pretty keen to learn from you guys and will most likely always be asking questions. So be patient with me. Thanks to all the help already given and for future advice. Pretty keen to make new friends too :))

Last edited:
That I have. I try not to think how much I've already spent on it but then I think how boring would my life be if I never bought the ute haha

A spray on tub liner would be a good choice, be careful of the plastic tub liners these can promote rust.

Is it what it sounds like?? Literally a spray on product??
Coz i know if I was to put a plastic tub liner in I'd have to remove the tonneau snap on rail things

Yep spot on have a search for spray on liners. They won't interfere with the tonneau clips, most of the plastic liners go over the lip of the tub. Cool stickers on the back window by the way.

That's awesome!!! I never knew such a product existed! That's one of the reasons why I haven't already got a tub liner coz id already installed the tonneau and it seemed like it was going to be a pain to take it off. Is it a reasonable cost?
Thanks! I may have a 4by but I'm still a female haha

Check out Raptor liners. Spray on and can be colour coded or just black. Don't quote me exactly but I think I was quoted $270 for the product and the spray gun to apply it. You will need an air compressor to apply it also. Google it. It's good gear. I plan to do my tub and while I'm at it I think I will do my sills and inner guards and maybe the face of the rear flares due to stone chips.
Cheers, Brad.

Thanks brad I'll look in to it. I don't have an air compressor myself but I'm sure some of my mates have one.
Not sure if I'd wanna do it myself just yet or pay someone to do it for me :/

Check Rustynavs build thread. He has a write up on how he did his. You will be able to do it yourself. It's an easy product to use. Just prep it properly and cover everything you don't want it sprayed on. Cover the whole car in plastic to stop over spray. YouTube it also.

It's about $700 to have it done for you. (Give or take) well worth it as it lasts a life time, iv thought about doing the whole car in the same stuff as the military use but black.
How do you find the HID spotties?, is there a warm up time?? I want the same so I can match my light bar. (Which I recommend btw) awesome light from them.
Are you grumpy like Grumpy Cat??

It's about $700 to have it done for you. (Give or take) well worth it as it lasts a life time, iv thought about doing the whole car in the same stuff as the military use but black.
How do you find the HID spotties?, is there a warm up time?? I want the same so I can match my light bar. (Which I recommend btw) awesome light from them.
Are you grumpy like Grumpy Cat??

Gah really? It's definitely better than a plastic tub liner??

I LOVE the HID spotties but mainly coz I've never had spotties before so I've never seen so far ahead of me betore haha. They do take a little bit to warm up but it's not too long,

YES! I want a light bar but I haven't decided on what to get and I'm having issues trying to figure out where I want it haha

Nope, I'm the most happiest, bubbly kinda person you'd ever meet. Love to laugh. I just love how abusive grumpy cat is, makes me laugh and I love the cats facial expression

Last edited:
Gah really? It's definitely better than a plastic tub liner??

I LOVE the HID spotties but mainly coz I've never had spotties before so I've never seen so far ahead of me betore haha. They do take a little bit to warm up but it's not too long,

YES! I want a light bar but I haven't decided on what to get and I'm having issues trying to figure out where I want it haha

Nope, I'm the most happiest, bubbly kinda person you'd ever meet. Love to laugh. I just love how abusive grumpy cat is, makes me laugh and I love the cats fascial expression

If your worried about scratching and denting your tub then yeah I think it is, it will also add grip to the floor.
Do you know the brand of your spotties?
Have a look at what others have done, I have mine on top of the bull bar at the moment but soon it will go in the roof rack basket but back a little so I don't get reflection on the bonnet.
I can't believe he is a real cat. I wonder if he knows how grumpy he really is.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410089870.424113.jpg
Laughter is the best medicine no point going through life grump and sour all the time.

Ye grip would be good!

They're Lightforce, I bought them off eBay.

Ye that's kinda the only place u can put a light bar but that's what everyone else has done so I was gonna try n be creative and put it somewhere else lol

Hahaha ye it's a real cat, he wouldn't really be grumpy it's just his face makes him look grumpy, I think he's cute lol
Bahahahahaha smile.... I am smiling lol

hid/light bar combo is great.

Ye ya not wrong! Looks the goods

The bonnet protector changes the look quite a bit. When I take it off to wash under it sometimes it makes it look completely different. The light bar is of ebay $150 approx and the brackets are from the same place.

image-2964593315.jpg

i did the same sort of set up. just home made brackets and went behind the bar. also moved the spotties back as far as they could go. just trying to stop em from getting broke if i hit something

Latest posts

Back