Day trips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
Hey fellas!
First of what a muster!
Secondly, it's my understating Raff had sold his pootrol. And perhaps that's why there have been much talk about day trips of recent times? Who knows.

Maybe it's that holiday where everyone is busy, broke and stuck with these in-laws!!!

So who's keen to do a day trip/overnighter in the next coming months?
My calendar needs something on it!!

So looking for ideas of locations and times!

OooooookayGO!

always keen, will depend on what ive got on, but if im not doing anything i will go.

Great stuff,
Aligning with everyone's schedules it's always hard.
Can you think of somewhere we haven't been yet?

How far would people want to travel?
1 or 2 nights out?
I don't know where people are based.
My local spots are in the kanangara-boyd np. Sadly most is behind locked gates.
Maybe if we could form a small group and set up a "come and visit my turf" group.
We could take turns showing off our local district.

We had the Lithgow power lines run on 14 Dec last year, camped at Newnes in tents and went home on 15th. That was a great trip, those power lines were challenging (we didn't take a lot of the tracks ourselves, but had a great time watching nonetheless).

We wouldn't be able to do anything dramatic just yet either, because my side steps have decided to come completely loose (4 broken studs on the left side, 3 on the right). My slider order has been placed, they should be fitted Christmas eve. However, a "touring" drive or light off-road would not be out of the question. Destination? We're happy enough to drive any reasonable distance. We're about 3 hours north of Sidunny and I think 6 hours of driving somewhere is enough (3am start, 9am meet?) so if you make a circle 3 hours (by road) out of Sidunny and pick a spot, we ought to be able to make it pending our other activities.

When? Weekend of 6/7 Dec or 13/14 Dec work well. Call it the Christmas run.

Hopefully we'll have a great deal of the work at our house done and can manage to have the time available to do it. Can't do the following weekend, we're moving house. Leading up to those weekends I'm flat out again with more renovations.

I really like that idea Tony!
'Let me show you my back yard!'

You nominate a timely,
Duration (1 day/overnight)
And lead us around your back yard.

I've already got an idea for down my way. And seeing as there isn't too many of y'all from down here it's likely to be new to most of you!!!

I'm keen if it falls on a weekend my wife isn't working.
Might even have the new bar and winch installed.
Mount walker sound good to me

Do any weekend workers have specific week days off?
I can usually get away on Monday/Tuesdays.

I could be in for that assuming I don't get this new job, if I do it wil depend if I'm away or not, at this stage I'm free.

Can't do that specific weekend but if it changes count me in. Now the bun has been born I am not confined to the house anymore.

Keen to do anything. Mt walker is fun been there a lot. Still haven't done any Yalwal tracks.
Sunny corner and dark corner have some great tracks if u haven't been there. Also Abercrombie could be a good option if not to far away for every1.

We could always organize some of those locations early in the new year for sure!

Is anybody else interested in a day trip the when's of the 13/14 December??

The week before would work for us as well, but not the week after. So far. Pressure's mounting here, too many jobs to get done and some idiot keeps making the sun go down and start another bloody day.

Latest posts

Back