Help me please !!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0307

Reaction score
My 07 d40 stx 2.5 has broken down...
I'd just been driving for 5 mins & there was a loud pop or bang that come from the motor some where & the ute just stopped suddenly now it won't start & sounds different when you kick it over like no compression I don't know much about these cars can anyone help or suggest what the prob is ?

Last edited:
Sounds like you may of Snapped the timing chain? always hard to say from little info, but they are known for that to happen and yours is old enough for that to be the case.

How many kms on the clock and has it had the timing chain replaced in the past at all?

Got it done around 30 k ago.....it's done about 140000
Any good mechanics in the south west of Sydney ?

In that case you would hope the timing chain is ok and as long as the parts and install were done correctly it shouldn't be the chain.
depends where about in south west you mean, if in the camden area i would see Darren at Eagles Automotive (02) 4655 9186

My mate has an 08 model, he had a similar situation only a couple of months ago re the popping sound. What it was the dpf was blocked and caused back pressure poping the hot pipe off, which in turn caused the popping sound. He bought a new after market dpf and all good again. Check your hot pipe to see if it's come off.

Latest posts

Back