Injector seals and glow plugs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Lummy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently found my injector seals leaking oil, have been researching on how to replace and doesnt look too hard. Just wondering if i should leave it to a pro or go ahead do it? If so, do you have to relieve fuel pressure somehow or just take the fuel lines off no worries? Also thinking of doing glowplugs and seals whilst in there, any tricks again? Havent done this much engine work before but keen to learn. Cheers, Ben

Personally - it's not something I'd attempt, because the fuel rail runs at enormous pressures (YD25 up to 24,000psi, the V9X up to 26,000psi). Nissan themselves would replace the fuel rail during the task ($1200, if memory serves, but check first).

However, I've heard of people just undoing and redoing and it's been fine. I'd imagine you'd need to make sure the place was spotless before cracking it open to ensure that no fine particles were able to make their way into the joins.

The zd30 is a low pressure pump so you will be ok there. Once the motor is off there shouldn't be much, if any pressure in the lines. Of you leave it sit overnight before you pull it apart I wouldn't be worried about any major pressure. I can't recall of anyone has done a write up of changing the injector seals on here, bit it may be worth a search. I don't think it is an overly difficult job, as mentioned above by Old Tony, just make sure the area is very clean when you do it.

zd30 is high pressure pump (higher than first gen common rail), but there is no fuel pressure when its not running so its not an issue.

common rails require changing of the rail. there is a limited amount of times you can undo them and reattach them.
i don't know what the limit is with nissans, i think toyota D4's where 5 times and it was marked on the rail each time it was removed.

thanks guys i didnt think it would be an issue, its not common rail, its the one with four separate lines coming straight from the pump. zd30tdi is it? 05 d22 anyway so before the common rail i think haha any advice on the glow plugs at all?

Latest posts

Back