howdy all . thought id say hi and check my garage lol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troystaa

Reaction score
howdy all . new bloke ,thought id say hi

hey guys new member, but long time reader, a quick thanks to all you guys ( old tony, and krafty and others for some valuable info on the d40) i have pretty much turned my d40 in to what i need, ive put pics up in garage. a quck list of mods if your interested, bought stock 8 months ago, then lifted and wheels, custom tray and canopy, home made light bar for tail lights and my home made fridge slide, canopy also has two deep cycle batteries mounted in it. and fitted out with led lights inside. just recently fitted two led light bars are they are better than my lightforce hids, touch screen dvd gps stereo, uhf, led work lights on each front corner of the canopy and one on the rear. done the egr blanking and the dpf eliminate pipe through rob at chip it.plus other stuff i cant remember doin, all the wiring and fitting of everything ive done myself, now as a thanks to all the guys who have put up info to help others i thought id do the same, feel free to contact me if you need any wiring done or custom work with aluminium or steel and ill do what i can, not in it to make money either just love doin it. btw the led light bars i can get at good prices .( not ebay junk either) lol . jesus that was not a quick hello lol

Attachments

• 260120131328.jpg
    260120131328.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 16,269
  • 260120131329.jpg
    260120131329.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 240320131520.jpg
    240320131520.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 240320131519.jpg
    240320131519.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 240320131529.jpg
    240320131529.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
havent been called a junior member for a bloody long time, can admin change it to old new member btw i have a scan tool to fit obd11 plugs that will check fault codes and reset mil light and other faults, located in carrum downs melbourne, no charge but a six pack of johnny cans goes along way. lol

Last edited:
old tony mate i gotto say thanks, all the sh*t ive gone through with my nav and its fuel economy, your info has been a life saver, can happily say now setup at 2.65t i get 11.8 - 12.2 religously. so once again cheers

thanx guys ill try and get a night shot with the lightbars on, and should have the scrub bars and side steps on in a few days, on a side note any one wanting to put scrub rails and side steps on a d40 that has side impact airbags, i have been informed it will void your insurance for some stupid reason as it effects the ability for the sensors in the a and b pillars to be activated in a side on impact. cheers just some more useless info but might help someone.

thanx guys ill try and get a night shot with the lightbars on, and should have the scrub bars and side steps on in a few days, on a side note any one wanting to put scrub rails and side steps on a d40 that has side impact airbags, i have been informed it will void your insurance for some stupid reason as it effects the ability for the sensors in the a and b pillars to be activated in a side on impact. cheers just some more useless info but might help someone.

Troy, the ARB guys might disagree with that as they ran allot of tests on an actual D40 while doing R&D on there steps.
What they told me they found out was that Navara air bags are triggered by
G-FORCE and not by sensors in the crumple zone.

i could be mistaken but i was told that by arb in dandenong when i was quoting up a set for my car, i ended up getting a set off fleabay for $350 so i was a happy camper.

i could be mistaken but i was told that by arb in dandenong when i was quoting up a set for my car, i ended up getting a set off fleabay for $350 so i was a happy camper.

Well there you go, that is a bit of a strange one considering how they pride them selves on the fact that all of there bar work is air bag compliant other wise they just wont sell it.
Im not sure if the manager of the Fyshwick ACT store is full of it or the guy you spoke to, but thats the info i was fed anyway.

oh well mate , food for thought maybe ppl just need to ask the question to the arb guy ( an obvious yes it will be fine) for the sale, or ask there insurance companys. i guess ill have the issue at the end of the year. ( updating to 550). hopefully!

just found this too nathan while trolling looking for an answer. lol http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=5189

Yep that was in 2010 since they have done the R&D and now you can buy them and as far as im aware they are air bag compliant

as you can see here "BEEFY" was told they will be developing steps that will work

14-10-2010, 05:48 PM

Beefy

Had confirmation that my sidesteps have to come off and the original nissan ones will have to go back on. I was told arb are developing sidesteps that will be certified to work with the side airbags but have no idea how far away these are. For now i'm getting a refund on the steps.

yep agree with you mate, dont get me wrong not starting a war, but was only stating the info i was given, maybe my sales bloke at arb is still living in 2010, it is dandenong after all,

Latest posts

Back