Torsion bars stuffed?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GGD22

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time posting and its about my problem!
So i own a 2004 d22 4x4, i have been trying to wind the torsion bars since the cars been sitting for awhile and knew the torsion would have sagged over this time, now i set both bars bolt length the same 80mm though the drivers side seem to sit 30mm higher (measuring from hub to fender) and when i try raise the passenger it seems to just use the whole length of the bolt with only about 10mm increase, is this a sign that the torsion bar is stuffed?
Thanks guys. :rock:

Howdy bloke, have you had the bars removed at any time ?

Did both bolts show the same amount before you started?
Did the Ute have a lean to it before you started ?

Guessing the bars haven't been removed for a long time since it is an ex mining vehicle, i dont remember if the bolts were the same but i could definitely tell the car was on a bit of a lean to the passenger side

Try removing the torsion bar and move it around a spline or 2. Mark it first, that should allow you enough adjustment to set it where u want it.

Try removing the torsion bar and move it around a spline or 2. Mark it first, that should allow you enough adjustment to set it where u want it.

That's what I was thinking To do.
But if she was already looking sad on one side that would be a temporary fix, it all depends on what you use the ute for and the conditions of roads or tracks .It will only droop or snap latter- to me if you where going that far to drop and adjust one you might as well shout her some new bars.. if she's been playing in the mines I'd bet she'd need some ;)

If i can pick up a nice second hand pair or new for a good deal ill change them over though may have to stick with adjusting them for now even if its a temporary fix though the roads are pretty good and will only be going off road occasionally.

Thanks for the replies you guys :pleasantry:

If i can pick up a nice second hand pair or new for a good deal ill change them over though may have to stick with adjusting them for now even if its a temporary fix though the roads are pretty good and will only be going off road occasionally.

Thanks for the replies you guys :pleasantry:

Welcome, and yeah It will be fine...

Latest posts

Back