D40 looses power at 2500rpm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dockers02

Reaction score
Hi all
Having trouble with my 2008 D40 ST-X.
I’ve just had my dpf removed and ecu apparently reconfigured to ignore any dpf faults. Just before that I had a new gearbox put on.
When the Ute is under a bit of pressure say up hill at around 2500-3000rpm the revs die off to around 1500-2000rpm and feels like it’s in limp mode. It will stay like that all the time I keep the accelerator pressed but once I release it and press down again she’s back to normal, but this can happen again if I’m still going up hill. Gets worse with trailer on!
No fault lights appear at all.
Almost feels like it changes to a high gear too soon.
I’ve had SCV replaced.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
����

Last edited:
Not quite similar symptoms, but mine had a flat spot on acceleration. Would near stall on mild acceleration until it got over about 2500rpm the go as normal. Would also be difficult to start after sitting overnight, winding over like there was no fuel until it would finally start.

Turned out to be a perished primer bulb. Must have been allowing air into the system causing the misfire but be fine again once the fuel pump cranked it up a bit.

Could be an air leak in the fuel system.

This sounds like the same issue I'm having

Don't make sense and seems to be wide spread on this forum.

Latest posts

Back