D22 ZD30ddt fault 0407 even with new Crank angle sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZLocky

Reaction score
Hi guys, theres a lot of threads around the 0407 fault but mine is seeming rather unique. Reaching out to see if any of you have experienced this.

2006 zd30ddt d22

only fault code 0407 crank angle sensor.

Drove it into the garage to remove some tools from the back with no issues, even remarked to my partner how reliable the ute had been. then 2 hours later jumped in to move it from the garage and it would not start. I had a mobile mechanic come out and fault test it and it showed "Crank angle sensor". So we ordered a new one from nissan (genuine part) installed the part expecting it to fire, still nothing.

It has a fuel diesel tank, fuel to the pump (nothing to injectors as obviously not receiving signal to squirt) batterys fully charged, starter engages fine, timing chains turning when cranking, no water in the diesel filter (pumps up hard no worries) so as far as i can tell this is an electrical gremlin!

One thing I have noticed is there is no constant power supply to the Crankangle sensor (once again no blown fuses etc) any idea what this might be??? it still sends a signal when cranking according to multi-metre.

Ive read a lot that the injector pump on these have a tendancy to play up with the sensor inside them, as its a expensive exercise i really want to rule out a electrical fault with the crank angle sensor before i go down that road. Once again only fault is 0407 crank angle sensor (no injector pump faults of anykind)

Any of you legends come across a fault like this before or got a direction to point me in???

Cheers - Locky

Carry on with my issues

Hi guys, just a update.

I have had both a mechanic and a auto elec out and both have said while bizarre in circumstances the fault seemed to be the injector pump.

I have since replaced with a used pump and with a bit of priming the ute jumped into life. When starting now it kicks off with a big rev, my guess is because i havent left it running long enough to reset the Accelerator Position Sensor to do the idle learning process? - be good if someone could confirm

I also still have the original fault code still flashing "0407" so thats still bugging me! (hopefully might disappear with the idle learning???)

Any help would be great! - Locky

i assume your deleting the error code and its keeps coming back.

really need to put a scope on the sensor and see what the signal is doing.
there has been issues with interference screwing up the signal and the ecu won't fire because it can't read garbage.
in some cases its been faulty starter motor and half burnt out relays.
but also check any accessories that have been fitted.

other things to check is the earths. especially on the intake manifold. the earth is the shielding cable for the sensor. i think one of the trickier ones is the earth by the ecu.
battery earths tend to get corroded and also check body to engine.

As Tweake mentioned the starter motor can be a problem, it was on my ute. I found that it took a lot of cranking before it kicked over, but was fine one started. The tacho needle was jumping around while cranking as well, which I didn't realise shouldn't happen until I replaced the starter. Just never noticed that before! Electrical interference from the starter brought up the CAS fault impeding the normal instant start. This is why once running there were no ill effects as CAS was doing its job. Hope this helps mate, a starter is cheaper than injector pump, though not if you have already done it....

Latest posts

Back