Forefront Industries upgrades, advice needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craq

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone running the forefront intercooler & or turbo with a 3 inch exhast?, Im looking for info on what type of increase I could expect, ie is it a worthwhile upgrade to do & what the power gains are like.

I have a front mount intercooler, there is a small power increase, but definitely cooler exhaust temps, which is what I was after. Probably more fuel efficient too.

Thanks for the reply Farmer Joe, out of interest what size exhaust are you running?, as Im sure I read somewhere a guy put a ffi intercooler on whith a xforce 3" exhaust (same as what im running) & noticed a loss of power...

You lose a small amount of boost fitting the cooler that can be rectified with a manual boost controller. Protecting the donk is why most owners fit it, if performance is your need a chip will complement your mods.? Why your mate lost power could be anything and unrealated to the i/c.

Thanks for the reply Farmer Joe, out of interest what size exhaust are you running?, as Im sure I read somewhere a guy put a ffi intercooler on whith a xforce 3" exhaust (same as what im running) & noticed a loss of power...

i had a 3" exhaust fitted to my d40, and definitely lost power, and 50klm of fuel per tank. figure that one out, i can't. only other mod is a snorkel!

I have standard exhaust with muffler removed and straight pipe replacing it

if performance is your need a chip will complement your mods.?.

Yea I dont really want to chip it, I was thinking of doing the turbo upgrade & intercooler mod as the same price (approx) as a performance chip, hoping for a medium power upgrade as Ive seen that chipping can overstress the pistons & conrods & oftens leads to cracking through the oilholes on the yd25's

The forefront turbo spools a bit easier than stock but won't produce much more power. There's plenty of chip myths around though your description sounds a bit overboard. Give Jamie at FF a call, he's very knowledgeable and will answer any questions you have regarding his products.

Have you found any noticeable increase in performance, economy, and exhaust note by replacing the stock muffler with a straight pipe?

The answer is yes to all three factors there, but not a significant amount. Any gain is a good gain I guess!

The answer is yes to all three factors there, but not a significant amount. Any gain is a good gain I guess!
A gain in any of these areas is a bonus! Still debating over a full 3" or just the mufflers; love the deep diesel rumble, but it could become impractical for day to day work use. The forefront ICs and turbo look like quality product in the flesh, haven't heard any bad reports either.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back