D40 Recovery Points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minelabmaster

Reaction score
I seem to be getting a lot of conflicting info on who and who does not sell front recovery points for a 2010 D40 Spain build.
I am being told there is only 1 supplier of these particular points,yet I have had a quote from 1 retailer to supply them from another company although 1 business assures me that they only make them for the new navara.
If anyone can shed some light on this subject ie recommend a supplier or actually has had them fitted please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Yeah mate, have a d40 spain built like you
Had a quick look and those particular ones are said to have a work load limit of 3 1/4 T.
Using high tensile bolts is a must.
When ever I've used them in a forward recovery ive always used an equalizer strap between the two points, my thinking there is to half the force put on each point, haven't had any dramas yet

I bought a pair similar to the ones in the link above. Fitting was easy, but they seem very close to the bottom of the stock bumper on my 07 STX. Since I don't intend on using them in anger, but figure they are cheap insurance in case I do get stuck, I've put one on my d40 and one on our R51.

I think I'll need to cut away some of the bumper to be able to get a shackle onto them, anyone else had this issue? Or does everyone else have a proper steel bar on the front, not just a stock plastic one :)

Just as an FYI - I also purchased Aironboard ebay rated points linked above without the rear hitch for like 70 something. Straight install - bolts provided went on perfectlty and I did not need to use the wired nuts in the package. Only change was I had to remove the front centre plastic bit under the bumper as I dont have a bull bar or lift - any future recovery would crack the plastic with the snatch under tension

Latest posts

Back