Tiburn's D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiburn

Reaction score
This is what I put up Saturday - but for some reason it went missing over the weekend. I believe several people had problems though. Sorry if it was deleted for some reason.

I have been meaning to do this for a long time, but have never found the time. Well a long weekend finally came along where I was not too busy and here are the pics of my Nav. I tried to break the post up into a few threads for each upgrade to make it easier to follow.

Bought it with a few mods and only 39000km, came with the bullbar, power chip, tub liner, Tonneau Cover, tinted windows and electric brakes. Was such a good deal we found the car on carsales on a thursday night, rang the bloke and said can I come over in 2 weeks to see it and put a deposit on now. He was not happy about the time so I said, is tomorrow ok as that was my only other choice. Well that was much better so we left 6am the Friday morning and got back 1am Saturday morning. Ended up driving our second car to Bendigo from Adelaide and my missus drove that back while I was in the new ute. Before the police check in SA could be done I had to get new tyre, ended up with cooper ATR's which I now regret but was in a real rush to get the car registered. Well I had a huge list of mods to do but first was to get the interior done for the missus.

The pics are as follows
1-As purchased
2-As purchased
3-As purchased

I then got it detailed and added a full set of black widow seat covers. I did forget to take pics after the detailing though, although in the next post it will have a few when it was as good as detailed.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 26,007
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 161
UHF Install

A few months later I had to add a UHF which proved to be a challenge but with some help from on here I got the dash off, then put up more info for others to get it off.

Pics are
4-After detailing and UHF install
5-Trying to install the UHF
6-Main UHF box installed
7-After UHF install

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 159
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 188
New Sidesteps

New sidesteps were next on the list as the stones were chipping all up the sides of the ute. I had Avenger Stainless steel sidesteps on order then rang Avenger to find out how long till they will be in, and they said they only fit the Tai model (despite what opposite lock tried to tell me). So it was colour coded ARB instead, bit expensive but looks the goods.

Pics
8-After side step removal
9-After ARB side steps installed

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 155
DIY Safari Snorkel

A few weeks later I planned to go to Arkaroola with the 4x4 club and also Spear creek for water crossing training, so a snorkel was on the list along with diff breathers. After lots of help from here and a bit of courage from a friend I did the snorkel install. Ended up buying a hole saw for $120 and another 20 on other parts so would have been easier and cheaper to get it professionally done but I know it is sealed and rust proof.

10-Snorkel Install
11-Snorkel Install
12-Snorkel Install
13-Finally got the snorkel installed

The spear creek water crossing component got cancelled, so the diff breathers are still on my lounge room floor, until i get the motivation.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 144
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 142
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 153
Lift Kit

I managed to get some scholarship money (currently a PhD student) so that paid for the lift kit, a 2" OME lift just before Arkaroola. Certainly saved a lot of Gravel rash up there and I justified it to the missus.

These pics were of the car as it is now at Arkaroola
14-All modded up and at Arkaroola
15-All modded up and at Arkaroola

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 120
Great thread Tiburn - i like your write up and its great to see the piccy's in sequence like you've done.

Hey mate nice truck and well done on the build.
Don't take this the wrong way cause I just hate seeing people get ripped, but who fitted the side steps for you?
I don't mean to be rude I just noticed that they are on a big rake from front to back. ie too high at rear and low at front.

It is just a fitment problem and may be able to be rectified.

Cheers
Brian

I fitted them and I was really pissed about it. I followed all the instructions with the fitment to a T and that is the best fit. I haven't had a chance to get back to ARB. You have just made me really want to go and have a go at them.

Hey mate,

Truck looks good! I really like the lighter blue.

A little off topic, but what's your Thesis on for your PhD?

A little off topic, but what's your Thesis on for your PhD?

Thesis is "measuring and optimising rumen health". In laymans terms, the physiology of the 1st stomach (they have 4) of ruminant animals (sheep, cattle, goats, deer, etc.). They have large problems when fed too much grain in dairies or feedlots and I am looking at preventing and finding out why the problems occur.

Tiburn

Given we both studied at Roseworthy, drive the same coloured D40 and live in SA. We should catch up!

Nice D40 too - but I am bias because of the great colour yours is. :wink:

Tiburn

Given we both studied at Roseworthy, drive the same coloured D40 and live in SA. We should catch up!

Nice D40 too - but I am bias because of the great colour yours is. :wink:

We will have to catch up sometime. I am looking at going to Peterborough with your club in September, just trying to find out if my experiment will be on at that time. Then I can contact the club and book in if I am free.

We will have to catch up sometime. I am looking at going to Peterborough with your club in September, just trying to find out if my experiment will be on at that time. Then I can contact the club and book in if I am free.

I can't get to Willangi as its the National Navara Muster. You should be coming to that and not Willangi lol

Oh, I didn't realise same weekend. I am trying to get to the Muster, I had the Peterborough trip in my diary as the weekend before. I will certainly be running my experiment over the October weekend as I need to start at least the week before to finish by Christmas.

We're leaving Thursday lunchtime if you want to tag along. Overnighting at Broken Hill caravan park then into Ados by lunchtime Friday.

Hi Guys,

didn't know where else to put this. Am still around just extremely busy in an intensive part of my PhD. Will be unlikely to be on much if at all until at least Christmas. Glad to hear the muster went well Should be more active then

Thanks
Josh

Latest posts

Back