Electric Brake Controller Installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my Tekonsha installed yesterday by ARB while they did my reverse camera. I had it in my Paj and ripped it out at sale time as it works great with the camper trailer.

I have noticed since the new install that when I swipe the override switch without a trailer attached, the brake lights on the Nav don't come on. When I did this on the Paj, the rear lights came on, which was great when u get a tailgater!!!

I've also noticed that there is a switching sound from somewhere in the centre console glovebox side when I do this, which didn't happen in the Nav. Any suggestions?? I fear that it may not have been installed properly but can't get hold of the trailer till the weekend.

Just checked and the brake lights on the Nav do come on when I operate the override and also hear a clicking noise inside the cabin.

I have one of these tekonsha p3 on my stx 550 .Problem was intermittently the brake lights would come on and stay on for quite some time.Could be ok for several weeks then happen again.1st noticed it when the cruise control would not set get home and the brake lights were on. I unplugged the controller all ok. Fixed it by running the signal wire directly from the stop light pin on trailer plug to the controller. It was wired to the brake light switch before I didn't
install it originally.

I have put up a diagram for the install of this unit in the D22 wiring section under Wiring diagrams. It may help you out.
Cheers, Brad.

Latest posts

Back