Upgraded reverse lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ankaz

Reaction score
G'day all,

I'm looking at mounting a few LED's somewhere under my rear bar for extra light when reversing, I just don't think the factory lights cut it.
When hooking up the boat in the dark or backing down a boat ramp in the middle of the night, extra light would make life alot easier.

Has anyone mounted lights down there? Either side of the tow ball is probably the best place to start.

Any advice or pics would be handy.

I mounted small rectangular driving lights under the back behind the mud flaps . They do light up well behind the truck. I will be replacing the quatz lights with LED when I get the chance .I also have a LED lightbar across the tailgate
NavaraMods179.jpg

NavaraMods182.jpg

21122008112.jpg

Last edited:
Be careful with the legalities of mounting additional rearward facing reverse lights. I'm sure that the reverse lights are only allowed to be a maximum 5W or similar. I'll be mounting some soon and will be doing something similar to Aussie.

I mounted small rectangular driving lights under the back behind the mud flaps . They do light up well behind the truck. I will be replacing the quatz lights with LED when I get the chance .I also have a LED lightbar across the tailgate
NavaraMods179.jpg

NavaraMods182.jpg

21122008112.jpg

Aussie

Do you have these wired to the existing reverse wiring or run something separate from the engine bay or cab?

Reverse lights are supposd to be maximum 25W. I had mine set-up so that they were via an on/off/on switch, with one of the "on's" switching on with reversing lights and the other as worklights. The police were always happy with it and didn't mind. I think so long as you use your hed they are ok.

I have everything wired via relays with no manual over ride. Its only on with reverese gear. The cops have seen them and because you cant physically blind a driver behind you due to the lights being mounted higher underneath the truck they dont seem to mind.
Rego on the other hand made me take them off. According to them extra lights have to be on the same centre line as existing. Yeah like you can do that.
At the end of the day if they cant see the lights then your not going to have many issues.

Last edited:
I picked up a 12v+ feed from the existing wiring harness at the trailer wiring harness.I then ran that up to the engine bay for the relay feeds etc.Its a bit of a pain running the wiring all that distance but I try to keep all my relays for lights etc in the same place in the engine bay.You can either run along with the existing wiring along the chassis or if you really wanted to you could feed the wiring through the chassis rails

Latest posts

Back