Dust in ute

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavaraPhill

Reaction score
I,ve been doing alot of dry dirt roads of late in the D40 and there seems to be heaps of dust coming in through the back tailgate.
Does everyone have the same problem ? How do you fix this ? Will some sort of foam strip work ? Any ideas cause it's giving me the shts.

I,ve been doing alot of dry dirt roads of late in the D40 and there seems to be heaps of dust coming in through the back tailgate.
Does everyone have the same problem ? How do you fix this ? Will some sort of foam strip work ? Any ideas cause it's giving me the shts.

Yes! And I don't think foam will help. It comes from all nooks and cranny's. take your tailights and out and see what you find! Only thing I can think of to combat it is fit a canopy and vent it so there's positive air pressure to try and keep some of it out....

I have a canopy and my first trip out with the waeco, the back got full of dust, then got told to open my sliding window a few inches and the pressure inside the canopy stops the dust from outside entering, works a treat. I originally tried rubber on the edges of the tailgate, but that didn't stop the dust either, because there are so many gaps in the tailgate area.

Exactly what I thought Lance. I always wondered why canopies had a useless window at the front..precisely for this reason. crack it open a bit and fill the space with air enough to pressurise. Now, just need to shake that money tree and get a canopy before the next trip!

I have been thinking about putting a couple of holes in the top of my sports bar with a nice chrome grill over the top then a couple of holes in the bottom of the bars so i can put pressure into the tray that way, just a thought.

A snorkel to pump air into the back mounted on top of the sports bar leading down into the tonneau! Would certainly get some looks but might just work. Thanks for your thoughts.

Excellent! That self adhesive foam from Clark Rubber looks very good. Thank you for the link, Pete22 has a great set up i hope to copy one day.
Phill

Latest posts

Back