Spanish D40 reverse wire - where is it???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P-Liddy

Reaction score
Good morning brains trust

I have a 2013 Manual Spanish D40 and am fitting work lights (LED) to supplement the poor reverse lighting. I want to use the reverse light wire to trigger the relay for the work light and would like to find where the wire is in the cab to make the job a bit easier.
I have googled the crap out of this and searched this forum as best as I can and can't get a definitive answer. Can anyone on here tell me where I can find the reverse light wire in the cab, or maybe even provide an image?

Thank you kindly in advance

Pete

The reverse light switch is not in the cab, it is on the gearbox next to the neutral position switch. Depending on where you are getting your power from you may instead wish to tap into the reverse light relay circuit which is in the rhs engine bay fuse box.

Attachments

• reverseswitch.jpg
    reverseswitch.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 604
Cheers Chronic

There no relay as it is a manual transmission (pic attached).

So there's definitely no reverse light wire that goes through the cab at all then?

Attachments

• IMG_6983.jpg
    IMG_6983.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 341
Looking for extra reversing light ? Dedicated work lights? Or a combo of the both?

You could maybe try a brighter globe in the reverse spot or an led globe?
Haven't tried either but would think it'd help. I think I've read somewhere about legalities of reverse light positions and brightness but shhhit, not like you drive backwards for mms at a time

You are correct, only the auto seems to have the reverse light relay. Here is the wiring diagram. Manning's advice is the best bet, tap into the wire going to the reverse lights, it should be SB (sky blue) in colour, or just upgrade your reverse lights to leds.

Attachments

• WiringDiag.jpg
    WiringDiag.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 1,044
Thanks for your help so far guys, and for the wiring diagram Chronic. I guess I was hoping for an easy solution and perhaps have a wire in the dash that would be used for a reverse camera. I thought that maybe an audio/visual harness might have a reverse trigger wire to switch the video camera on.
As I have the YD engine, I'm also curious to find out physically where plug F121/E100 is located.

Found this plug (pic attached) under centre console with sky blue wire coming out of it. Could this be what I'm looking for?

Picture taken looking rearward, plug near top of pic. Sky blue wire visible.

Attachments

• IMG_6987.jpg
    IMG_6987.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
I'd be whacking a multimeter on that - you'd find out fast!

1) Set to volts (50V max is enough)
2) Black lead to any one of the silver bolts in the photo
3) Red lead to the sky blue wire.
4) Put the vehicle in reverse (with the ignition on, but engine not started).

It should show a voltage - whether that's 5V or 12V depends on the feed to the circuit (logic and sensor circuits are often 5V, fuel gauge is 12V). If it doesn't, it might be earth-switching. Easy to tell - change the multimeter to a resistance (ohms) reading and repeat steps 2 to 4. When off, there should be no resistance (open circuit, infinite resistance etc). When reverse is engaged, it should change to 0 ohms.

There might be a wire in the harness for the stereo - mine has one - but I also have a handbrake wire up there (reverse wire is to tell the stereo unit to switch to aux1 input, handbrake is to tell the stereo that it is allowed to display video movies on the primary display and not just the secondary). My camera is powered by the reversing lights anyway, but the stereo needs to know to switch to that input.

If I were adding floodlights (have considered this) I'd tap into the power I'm running down the back (I have 4x 8Ga cables taking power to the rear) and connect that to pin 30 of a relay. Pin 85 would go to the reversing light positive (which I'd check my trailer plug for anyway). Pin 86 would be a new wire run from the relay into the cabin to a switch which is then connected to an earth point under the dash (any mounting bolt would do) and pin 87 would go to the flood lights. This would allow the lights to be turned off when not needed, and when switched on, they would only come on with the reversing lights.

I connected my additional reverse LED Lights through the trailer plug harness.
if u have trailer plug... trace it back 1^2 meter or so untill you find it splits into 2 connectors. If I recall correctly, there is a BLACK wire that jumps from one connector to the other. Tap into this wire and you got your reverse wire. I have a D40 2007 VSK.. SPAIN built.
hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back