Driving lights everywhere, but which ones?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
OK, I'm after some driving lights. Can't afford Lightforce.

My budget is around $150.00 - $200.00. I see lots of HID's on eBay, anyone have any good experiences with eBay HID driving lights???

I'm looking at 7" - 9" lights.

With thanks.

Ive been through my share of lights, The cheap ones ive had off ebay have all been good and bright, the down side is they all seem to take in water,also there mounting brackets are also average, they tend to rust quickly. Another thing with the mounting brackets is the tent to not be strong enough for corrugated roads, you end with your headlights pointing at the sky!

Narva make quality lights,good value too. You can probably get good "noname" lights off ebay but its a bit hit and miss. Hella a fairly good value too.

Ive a mate with a lightbar he bought on ebay and its actually really well built, will give him a tx to find out who he bought it off.

Lightbars would be stronger I reckon as they sit closer to their mounting points, not so much mass rocking back and forth. Haven't looked at them, think I will now. Yes, thanks gadgets, that's be great.

Im getting the feeling I might be wasting some money on ebay now too! bugger!

I just got some hid driving lights off sunyee and all I can say I wouldn't bother getting light force after putting these on they are bright, and my brother has had them on for 2 years now and with no trouble and is always on dirt roads.

The MAJORITY (not all, but maybe 95%) of all Ebay lightbars are pretty good. They are a dime a dozen these days.

Just make sure they give a sort of warranty and they are shock / waterproof, and you should be good.

Depends what you want to use them for between light bars and spotties too. Obviously light bars have a lot more spread than spotties, which is good for short distance, but not so good if you do night time country driving and need a lot of light in the distance... I've got both and usually leave the spotties turned off around town and use the light bar, then out on the highway use both of them together, but I do have them switched separately...

Been looking at all the HID lights. When they first came out, everyone said the 35 watters were bright enough, but it seems to range from 100W to 55W.

I've heard people say that they can be too bright. I was speaking to bloke who had some super bright lights and he said he downgraded them as he couldn't see anything (not literally) when he went back to low beam.

So what do other people have? I have a feeling 100W HID's will be more than I need/want.

Back