Are they worth the money?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFS

Reaction score
Never been a fan of tents. Can't go wrong with a swag, comfy, easy to pack up and easier to set up.

I bought a cheap one (Roman brand on sale) 10 years ago, slept in it in dust, rain, in the open, rolled out in a ute tub, under trees.

It's fallen off utes, rolled down a hill, been used as a seat, crash mat, dragged along the ground (while I was asleep), had gear piled on top of it, had beer rum and other delicious beverages spilt on it and been run over (thankfully without me in it!!!). And it's still going strong.

Scotch guard it. Hose it down and air it out once you get back (or when you can be f***ed) and you'll never regret it when you see everyone else setting/packing up tents.

One thing, buy a king single or double.

I have both,i use the swag if i'm only stopping at a place for one night but i like the comfort of my canvas tourer tent with the stretcher bed and inflatable mattress for longer stays.

What i looked for in a swag was a thick mattress and good ventilation,also the ability to be set up without opening the swag in case of rain,ie center hoop pole doesn't go inside the swag.
Also a pvc floor.

Last edited:
personally, three person tent, mattress way better than a swag and gives u some room for whatever u may need ….especially if its bloody hot or wet..

Swags are measured one bum wide and two bums high!!!

I've just got the simple swag, one zip down the side, open ends which can be tied at each end if ya want. Before I was a married man I done many a BnS and done many a dirty thing in my swag.

I have both. They are great, used to use mine all the time when it was just myself but now when my partner and I go camping we use one of the pop up hiking tents which is just as easy as a swag and a bit roomier.

Swags are the go mate, i got a king size one thick matress plenty of room, just roll it out and tie the top of to something and away you go, I hardly ever use the poles that come with it.

Grabbing a Darche steel 1400 dusk till dawn, pretty sure that's what they are called. Looks the goods and read plenty of good reviews. Ten I have both tent and swag if I need them.

Grabbing a Darche steel 1400 dusk till dawn, pretty sure that's what they are called. Looks the goods and read plenty of good reviews. Ten I have both tent and swag if I need them.
What, what , what, are you trading the tarp and air bed in? ;)

What, what , what, are you trading the tarp and air bed in? ;)

Hey that was the best sleep iv had in years, it did take awhile to build that beautiful palace, I was screw if any had stolen the truck though.
Plenty of room for two in that Darche. ;) and just to clear things up for the boys, that's not an offer.

Back of the ute for me. Thin, self inflate matress and required number of blanket required for the climate. Roll the lot up in a sheet of canvas. High, dry and secure, no critters and mate I sleep like a baby in it. Like one that doesn't wakeup in the middle of the night.

Not sure if you ended up buying one or not but I went to Kmart today and stumbled across a swag for $80 I think it was from memory. Was a Oztrail one, they are generally pretty good!

Back