2010 d22 Cluster LED conversion?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmac

Reaction score
Been done?
I did my own on my VY SS and have a heap of Leds left over..... mite give it a crack. Only issue I see is that the d22 needle plastic is already Red so its got to stay red.

My mistake. Next time I'll be more specific, ment different color Led conversion.
Anyways had a crack at it and it tuned out to be shit loads easier than the Vy cluster. I'll throw up some pics.

Last edited:
Before and after pics.
The pics don't do much justice but looks amazing in real. Very happy with the results

Attachments

• IMAG1646.jpg
    IMAG1646.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAG1677.jpg
    IMAG1677.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 160
Looks good. When i said that i was under the impression they were smd type so would require soldering, but i guess not. What type of globes are they? Just standard t5 or so ething?

Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 STR.... dash lights are actually not that good surprising (sarcasm intended). Does anyone know if it's a simple case of plug and play with changing to LED? Also what sort of LED's?

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 STR.... dash lights are actually not that good surprising (sarcasm intended). Does anyone know if it's a simple case of plug and play with changing to LED? Also what sort of LED's?

Cheers,

Ryan

not that easy. the side gauges are led lit, center is lit by two t5's.
most led are not strong enough to light up the center all that well but someone may have found some.

your bulbs have probably silvered up and gone dull.

Correct, the clusters to the later model d22s do have the smd leds, I removed the original leds and resoldered my new ones. I've now changed my colors again since to blue and tweaked my needles just slightly to improve the effect and light distribution. I found white faced clusters and red numbers tends to look like a hot pink until your surroundings are really dark (night time)
If there's a bit of interest I mite throw up a quick "how to" in the diy section.

Fair enough... didn't get any pics of the actual smd's on the cluster did you? Thinking of changing mine to a bit more blue to match the boost and Pyro gauges.......

Back