d22 brakes issue/ power loss

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redzr06

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first forum. I have a d22 04 nissan navara with a zd30 engine. I was driving it today and out of no where it started to shutter while driving it. Noticed it specially as I would leave a round about going up thru the gears, building up speed then pause for a second keep building the pause again and it would do this on and off like crazy. It was like almost as if the brakes where stuck on for a second. Or dropping power out for a second. I checked the front discs when I got home they where very very hot. Back drums where not hot at all. I just find it weird for two calipers to go at the same time, could it be something else like a power drop or is it a different part of the braking system that controls both calipers that I dont know about. I would love to here your feedback.

Cheers

If the front pads wear out completely the pistons in the calipers can come out which would jam the pad backing plates against the rotor. Power loss can also be the nuetral position switch. Also, if your rear brakes have never been adjusted the fronts will be doing all the work.

Last edited:
Its a switch on the gearbox that senses when the car is in neutral
THey often become loose or dirty at connections

Yea beauiful, cheers for that I had read a bit more about the NPS on this site, some great info. I did the test it had up on an other page about having the heater switch on and selecting gears. Test was all good, so hopeful that is eliminated the NPS.

also check the fuel filter. water or air in the filter can move around when you go around a roundabout causing to much restriction in the fuel causing loss of power.

brakes could be dragging brakes and you havn't noticed. they do have a habit of seizing.

Something else to consider is the electrical connections, particularly the one to the side of the engine. Vehicle motion may cause the cable to shift the connection slightly taking power away, which causes a different shift which reconnects the power. Grab some spanners, some cleaner (and be prepared to dry the area thoroughly) then reassemble. I don't suspect the battery because the alternator will hold up the engine controller quite easily.

Cheers guys, I found the problem, I had a butt load of water in my filter ill post a pic, I will need to clean out my tank. Thanks for your help this really is a great website.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 95
I would also be changing fuel filter every service for the next few at least. And add fuel doctor as suggested its good stuff.
Good you found the problem.

Latest posts

Back