Stud pattern and wheel choice for D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.T.

Reaction score
Hi all I just found you and im glad i did as i couldnt get much info on my new purchase a 90 model cab chassis D21 Nugget. My first of many questions to come:hmmmm: is what other 4wd's share the exact stud pattern of the D21
Is the D22 the same or maybe a patrol or ive heard the terrano is similar if i can get as many as i can i can start looking.
Also who are some good retailers to try and get my hands on a set of sweet alloys 15 inch but im looking for about 1 inch offset on each wheel
( to give a total of 2 inches wider stance overall).
Thanks in advance for any info.

This all pertains to 4x4s but I think, unlike Hiluxes, all Navaras use the same stud pattern. The six-stud pattern is common to the 4x4 Hilux, some Landcruisers, some Prados, all Navaras (Don't know about D40?), Pathfinders to R50, Terranos and some Patrols at least. The stud pattern matching doesn't guarantee that the wheels will fit though, as some have big fat hubs in the middle. You should be okay with your 4x2 though.

Navara stock wheels have a very small offset. Hilux 4x4 wheels have a greater offset, but I can't help you with aftermarket alloys.

Thanks for the advice. By the way the navara i have is a 4x4. So then i reckon if hilux wheels fit then i might start there as they would be easier to find than terrano etc. Ill check around some web sites for hilux rims with a bigger offset. The reason im keen on the offset is the nav is gonna be lifted approx 4 inches overall so i would like to counter act the lift as much as possible with going a little wider. Any one else got any info on where to pick up some alloy hilux or patrol rims from.

Oh, I assumed it was 4x2 when you said "Nugget". I had assumed all Nuggets were 4x2. How are you going to go about lifting it four inches, a diff drop?

With an aftermarket replacement crossmember it will give about 3 inches of lift then 2 inch body blocks then ill wind the torrion bars down about an inch for better wheel travel.

Yeah, thats the ones. But the control arms i was looking at were from superior engineering. I noticed that a few companys are foing the same thing though, once shes on the road ill probably just go the cheapest set.

I wonder if you just shave the bumpstops you would get the same effect? Because I have noticed that all these calmini arms seem to do is raise an extra inch without really changing anything else. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Typically the Calmini upper arms are shorter than stock and are intended to correct the excessive positive camber that comes with cranking up your torsions for a lift of 2-3". I'm interested to see the 3" of lift that N.T. is aiming for and how his setup achieves it without sacrificing wheel travel, here's hoping for some photos.

Shaving the bumpstops means letting the wheel travel outside of the CV joints' notional design limits, so there's a heightened risk of chewing through them. However, I think a few people on here have shaved theirs without issue.

N.T. where are you sourcing a locker for the front diff?

Ummmmmmmm leave the 3 inch lift with me i cant find the bloody thing on the net ill track it down though. The front locker is now being done by lokka the automatic diff lock type. It was only for the rear originally which i already have in and now they are doing one for the front YEEHAA. Im not sure how im going to take full advantage of the extra wheel travel that im expecting but what happened was when the old HEAVY deisel was yanked out and replaced with the much lighter commadore engine the whole front end lifted an easy three inches. The drive line angles are crazy at the moment but the way i see it i will be able to fit a 3 inch suspension lift (i did see it i even spoke to the guy about it give me a few days and ill find it) which will give a total of 6 inches but the vechile would be undrivable and break easily so i can wind the torsion bars down approx 3 inches leaving me with the 3 inch lift overall and fantastic downward wheel travel because i have actually wound the torrsion bars down instead of up. Then a 2 inch body lift and 33's twin locked should be sweet. I think the lift kit replaced the crossmember and control arms but leave it with me.

Ah, auto-lockers, okay. I was surprised for a minute because there's no manual lockers (like ARB air lockers) for the R180A front diff.

Latest posts

Back