D40 Build Help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motaz

Reaction score
Hey all, new here, first Nissan too (glad to join the family)

I recently bought a second hand D40 2010 ST 4x4 Turbo Diesel and wanting to make it look mean and drive mean. I've been searching for awhile before and after I bought the vehicle with what to buy first ETC and I've come up with 3 main things to get my Nav off road, these are:

What brands?
1. 33" tyres
2. 2" Lift
3. Front/rear lockers

Is there anything I need to know about d40's that should be done majorly and I'm asking if someone could give me a complete list of what to buy with listing the brand too! I would like to know brands of lifts, snorkel, wheels/rims, bull bars, brush bars and secondary batteries and anything else worth mentioning!
Thanks guys, any help is a really appreciated one as I don't know too much about navs!

If you're still after brands :

Best tyres
Toyo
Bfgoodrich
Mickey Thompson
Cooper

Suspension
Old man emu nitrocharger sport shocks and upgraded springs for 2 inch lift
Bilstein shocks are awesome too but pricey as
Koni adjustable shocks are also great

Harrop elocking diffs are good

Best snorkels are safari snorkels from ARB

If u want to do all that, id be getting bash plates!

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

yes bash plates too for sure

i got mine from roadrunner offroad in Victoria, via ebay
they are made in australia and come with bolts and nifty fixings to suit d40s

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-N...657642?hash=item46567bb16a:g:qNcAAOSwYIxX9vv6

fair bit cheaper than ARB or brown davis kits too

One of the better deep cycle batteries Ive found is this AGM unit from exide
Its made in USA and powers a 50l fridge and inverter very well

http://www.exidebatteries.com.au/battery-range/caravan-solar/leisure-cycle/LCG27-110

Is your D40 auto or manual?

if its auto you probly want to do the trans cooler radiator bypass, where you disconnect the trans oil line to the radiator, and instead run it though an aftermarket oil cooler mounted in front of the radiator

removes the possibility of coolant leaking into the auto trans, which is bad bad news

Latest posts

Back