Brake light on cab????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuelh88

Reaction score
Hi! So i wanna take the roll bars off the tray but i cant seem to figure out how to enable the brake light thats on the cab. Is it even a real light or just a fake thing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 172
Any screws in the lens? (i"m too lazy to go outside and look)
If not the roof lining would have to be taken out to check if there is a globe mount.

I just found in the manual. "Roof mounted led brake light *where fitted" so i have to assume that vehicles with roll bars do not have the led fitted in the roof.

RX owner here. Just went outside and hit the brakes while watching the reflection in a window. seems to be a 6bulb LED array in the centre of the lense. No obviius clues on how you'd access it.

So i got right up close with a torch and i can see the pcb and leds inside. So its certainly real. I think i need to contact nissan. I dont want to take off the roof lining. Perhaps the enable it in the body control module. Who knows

So i got right up close with a torch and i can see the pcb and leds inside. So its certainly real. I think i need to contact nissan. I dont want to take off the roof lining. Perhaps the enable it in the body control module. Who knows
Think you could be right there. Needs to be enabled. Another $200 for the dealer LOL

LED's are installed with the thought they will outlast the life of the vehicle.

Think you could be right there. Needs to be enabled. Another $200 for the dealer LOL

LED's are installed with the thought they will outlast the life of the vehicle.
Ive been a panelbeater for 22 years and seen this before. There will only be one output for a centre brake light. If you have a roll bar it will be for that. If you remove the roll bar it will be a matter of routing the centre brake output to the cab led. Its quite common. Ill check it out this week and update the method for anyone who has removed there roll bar.

Ive been a panelbeater for 22 years and seen this before. There will only be one output for a centre brake light. If you have a roll bar it will be for that. If you remove the roll bar it will be a matter of routing the centre brake output to the cab led. Its quite common. Ill check it out this week and update the method for anyone who has removed there roll bar.

Thanks. I traced the wiring for the roll bar and it runs back the the passenger side tail light. Simply splices into that loom. There are no other cables anywhere near by to connect this to, the roof led will be part of the interior loom.

Nissan have told me to bring it in, they say this is the first they have seen someone removing the roll bar (really???). They commented its illegal to run with it not working. They say it will probably be free. I just dont want 3 apprentices pulling my interior to pieces resulting in rattles and broken clips throughout...

Thanks. I traced the wiring for the roll bar and it runs back the the passenger side tail light. Simply splices into that loom. There are no other cables anywhere near by to connect this to, the roof led will be part of the interior loom.

Nissan have told me to bring it in, they say this is the first they have seen someone removing the roll bar (really???). They commented its illegal to run with it not working. They say it will probably be free. I just dont want 3 apprentices pulling my interior to pieces resulting in rattles and broken clips throughout...
What you said is exactly what will happen. An apprentice will rip and tear and youll be left with a couple of faint rattles or scratches in the trim. Ive also removed my sport bar because it serves no purpose other then block easy access to the rear of the tray. I believe Australia is the only country they added a sports bar. I havnt connected the cabin brake light as yet but it wont be more the a 30 min job. Will probably get to it tomorrow and will post once complete. Cheers

c4dd246f90834fec7ab0f151dc0e9c6e.jpg

For anyone wanting to activate the brake light in the cab, its a simple process just removing a wiring bypass (pictured).

Its located behind the drivers side kick panel (the small plastic trim to the right of your accelerator), after removing this panel disconnect the short harness (about 4 inches) and plug the remaining ends together. Any problems just msg me.

I just tried to post instructions on how to activate the cab brake light but i have no idea where the post ended up (apologies im new to this).

Anyway its a simple process - behind the drivers kick panel (plastic trim to the right of the accelerator) nissan have added wiring bypass, youll see a 4 inch section of wiring that just needs to be removed and the remaining ends clicked back together. Takes about 60 seconds. If anyone needs anymore info just ask.

Yep we remove this small harness when we put a certain brand of canopy onto these vehicles.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

So I have the reverse issue, I bought an SL (doesn't come with sports bars) but bought a set off ebay for $50, so now I need to wok out where the wiring goes. From what I can see the harness goes inside the wheel arch area off the LH side of the but haven't looked any further.

Any ideas??

Cheers, Adam (new member - First post 😀😀)

Latest posts

Back