Merc ute

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a croc. It's an NP300 with a Merc logo and price tag bolted on. And while they use the phrase "range-topping" in both that article and their article on the upcoming Renault Alaskan (also based on the Navara) it means little more than "the best you'll get out of those tight-arses".

The one thing the Merc has in its favour is the drivetrain. Both diffs lockable, and full-time 4WD with a 2-speed transfer case, it should be able to keep up with any Navara that's been to ARB or Harrop for a diff upgrade.

Farkin heated seats ... won't need those outside of July/August in Australia. Unless Elton is coming to visit you, and who the hell is going to confess to that?

Saw this a few months ago. It will be interesting what the final product will look like. If you strip some of the bullshit off the basic shape looks like just another generic looking Ama-range-ton-vara-t50. Might as well be a westinghouse.

Well Mercedes citan is 99% renault kangoo. So don't be fooled by the concepts. The real merc ute will be 99% Navara with 140% of its price.

The NP300 is rated at 3.5T as well. Here's the most important question: is the GCM of the Merc 6T just like the Navara? If so, there will be (not MAY be) some compromise between loading the ute and towing.

About the only vehicle I've seen that doesn't have that compromise is the Land Rover Discovery. The vehicle's GVM plus the ATM is equal to or less than the rated GCM (weight of the vehicle plus weight of the trailer is less than the max allowed combination mass).

Almost every ute in the Navara's class (Ranger, Colorado, DMax, BT50) has a compromise. Note that I am not considering Courier, Rodeo, Great Wall, Ssangyong, Foton or JMC) because none of them go beyond 3T towing capacity.

The NP300 is rated at 3.5T as well. Here's the most important question: is the GCM of the Merc 6T just like the Navara? If so, there will be (not MAY be) some compromise between loading the ute and towing.

About the only vehicle I've seen that doesn't have that compromise is the Land Rover Discovery. The vehicle's GVM plus the ATM is equal to or less than the rated GCM (weight of the vehicle plus weight of the trailer is less than the max allowed combination mass).

Almost every ute in the Navara's class (Ranger, Colorado, DMax, BT50) has a compromise. Note that I am not considering Courier, Rodeo, Great Wall, Ssangyong, Foton or JMC) because none of them go beyond 3T towing capacity.
That was my thoughts Tony, all that bolt on $hit and whatever else will make the GCM very fine. The wife would only be able to take one hairdryer....

Back