fuel filters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken

Reaction score
Hi there, long time since I have checked out this website.
This may have been addressed before.
Recently I had a high pitched whine in my Navara after it had been running. took it into the mechanic to check it out. Couldn't find the problem for a while, then listened around the fuel filter and found the source. It was the generic filter recently installed. Changed that to genuine [and expensive] filter . Mine is a Spanish model ute. Mechanic said this happens some times with non genuine filters.
Will stick to the good ones now on.

don,t know how the Whine came into the fuel filter area but regarding genuine filters yes i won,t use non genuine fuel or oil filters as there has been many issues mentioned about aftermarket filters causing issues etc.

The pipes in and out from the filter were vibrating like a hydraulic line does when under pressure. Maybe fuel was shunting back and forth.

The fuel filter is under low pressure when the engine is running. Chances are you had a small leak (common with non-genuine filters) and as the pump was sucking fuel, the leak allowed air to slip in and the sucking of the air made the sound. It's surprising that you didn't find the car difficult to start.

check the fuel filter primmer to make sure its hard to push down, if its soft you may have the air leak Tony sugested. are both in and out fuel lines nice and tight also is the fuel filter screwed on nice and firm [ hand tension ] ??

check for cracks in all your diesel lines too
i found that most of mine were cracked and getting shabby before 100,000 ks was up
2007 d40 STX 4x4

Latest posts

Back