What fuel brand do you use ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of fuel do you run and why.

• Total voters
7-Eleven is Mobil. Mobil have been pulling out of retail sales in Australia and just supply now, even to Shell - there's a Shell at Marla in SA that says "Mobil Products" on the pumps. There's nothing wrong with Mobil fuels, except that there's a rumour that the drivers of the tankers are putting up to 20% of their capacity in biodiesel before delivering to the servos. I don't particularly have a problem with that either, and I believe 7-Eleven's problems probably happen because they're taking over older stations and not doing anything with the underground tanks.

A guy I work with drives a 2.2 diesel Captiva - 2.5 years old 92000kms.
Fills up at the same Shell servo "every" time he needs fuel.
Last week 3 injectors Sh1t themselves - Holden inspected the car and have blamed the fuel.
He's sent it off for testing.
I'll let you know what the results are.
The Shell outlet is in Pakenham Vic.

7-Eleven is Mobil. Mobil have been pulling out of retail sales in Australia and just supply now, even to Shell - there's a Shell at Marla in SA that says "Mobil Products" on the pumps. There's nothing wrong with Mobil fuels, except that there's a rumour that the drivers of the tankers are putting up to 20% of their capacity in biodiesel before delivering to the servos. I don't particularly have a problem with that either, and I believe 7-Eleven's problems probably happen because they're taking over older stations and not doing anything with the underground tanks.
Yeah, I've noticed that they have mobil on the pumps. They have only recently been putting that on there.I'll just stick to Caltex from now on and BP.

Last week 3 injectors Sh1t themselves - Holden inspected the car and have blamed the fuel.
Oh crap! That's no good. Yep, let is know the outcome.

I only use Caltex or mobile. My nav runs like crap on my local BP and I get no economy from the Shell near me.

Update - diesel test came back all clear
Holden will now have to foot the bill for repairs to the engine.

Any high volume servo will do me.
Nothing from small places with low turnover.

I think that's the safest option, whilst it may not be good financially for little family run businesses, in the end it's our money that pays to fix our vehicles if there's a problem from fuel. Only time I've had a fuel issue with the nav, was after I fuelled up at a little independant servo, I think the fuel brand was irrelevant. More to do with it being a little servo off the main drag in a little town on the Murray river.

I think that's the safest option, whilst it may not be good financially for little family run businesses, in the end it's our money that pays to fix our vehicles if there's a problem from fuel. Only time I've had a fuel issue with the nav, was after I fuelled up at a little independant servo, I think the fuel brand was irrelevant. More to do with it being a little servo off the main drag in a little town on the Murray river.
Good point. Definately is our money that pays for it. Even sh!tty cars I've had in the past I didn't fill up at an independent servo.

We're on our third tank of BP Ultimate Diesel now and can confidently say that we're getting half a litre per hundred km better economy. This might improve further as the detergents do their thing. The big test will come at the Muster, where we intend to do the nearly 1,000km round trip towing 2.5T without refuelling (250L of diesel on board). I'm estimating that I should have about 60L or so left when we get home, in spite of the mountains.

Latest posts

Back