What GPS are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7" Mesada off Ebay running Navngo Igo8 for street nav, and OziExplorerCE for off road. Basically the same thing as the Hema Navigator at about 1/2 the cost.

_MG_1359.jpg

Last edited:
Iv'e got a Garmin Nuvi 660 had it a little over 12months now. I like it because of the screen size and bluetooth hands free. What I dont like about it its hard to read sometimes from sunlight glare and there is no external volume control.

Navman N60. Had it for a couple of years.

Good unit, maps are bloody pricey though.

Dave.

Tom Tom are great mate.

Ive had a dedicated TomTom unit for about 3 years now.

Easy to upgrade maps for free. Endless free celebrity voices and speed camera warnings ect. Its also very easy to use.

My wife now uses the TomTom in her car and I use a PDA with TomTom, IGO8 and as of a few days ago Oziexlorer as well. (Still got to figure Oziexplorer out).

As Shonky has mentioned you should concider first what you want to do with it.

If its just street navigation then get a dedicated unit but if you want to try different nav software types (inc offroad ect) then get a PDA. You can pretty much get all the software and maps for free if you dont have a copyright conscious.

Is it possible to put different maps on a Navman ?

Navman maps are way over priced.

Dave.

I use an ASUS A632N PDA with Co-pilot 6. Great for around town and covers a lot of country roads. Reliability leaves a bit to be desired as it crashes often and has to be reset. Not easy to do when you are in a hurry to get somewhere. The PDA side is great with address info, calendar, bluetooth and wi-fi computer connection plus Word and Excel.

Mine crashes a bit too. I thought it was just mine.

It must be a (typical) Microsoft thing.

Dave I have been told it can be done with Navman but as they are not as popular with the "hackers" its much harder to come by the information.

I was using a Navman S80 with bluetooth but have just upgraded to the new Navman S150 premium. Looks the goods and seems to be all OK on the user friendly side of things as well.

It has bluetooth, speed camera alerts, school zones etc.

Dave I have been told it can be done with Navman but as they are not as popular with the "hackers" its much harder to come by the information.

Cheer's mate, I will have to look into it abit more.

I really should check every post everyday.

Dave.

I use an ASUS A632N PDA with Co-pilot 6. Great for around town and covers a lot of country roads. Reliability leaves a bit to be desired as it crashes often and has to be reset. Not easy to do when you are in a hurry to get somewhere. The PDA side is great with address info, calendar, bluetooth and wi-fi computer connection plus Word and Excel.

I have the Asus 636N running copilot 7 and oziexplorer. It too crashes from time to time and I've been told that this is a Windows CE Mobile 5 thing. Apparently there is a free patch on the microsoft website that will fix the problem and also allow SDHD cards to be used. I'm not 'puter literate enough to sort this out so if you do and get it working don't forget to post the process:big_smile:

Tom Tom are great mate.

Ive had a dedicated TomTom unit for about 3 years now.

Easy to upgrade maps for free. Endless free celebrity voices and speed camera warnings ect. Its also very easy to use.

My wife now uses the TomTom in her car and I use a PDA with TomTom, IGO8 and as of a few days ago Oziexlorer as well. (Still got to figure Oziexplorer out).

As Shonky has mentioned you should concider first what you want to do with it.

If its just street navigation then get a dedicated unit but if you want to try different nav software types (inc offroad ect) then get a PDA. You can pretty much get all the software and maps for free if you dont have a copyright conscious.

Been looking for something to replace Copilot 7 on my PDA - do you know if it is possible to buy TomTom PDA version?

I have always had Navman's, previously an F40 now a S80 with bluetooth, speed and school alerts, can get them off eBay brand new for around $300 if you look around, map upgrades can be pricey though.

i got a tomtom for chirstmas from the olds,
i also have a gpd built into my uniden uhf.

Latest posts

Back