D40&D22 auto Lokka group buy **DEAL NOW CLOSED**

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I have well and truly missed this..
I am going to get a Lokka whether there's any special pricing or not, would I be best just contacting 4wd systems directly now? I assume there wouldn't be enough interest for another group order?

Cheers Bullant

I know I have well and truly missed this..
I am going to get a Lokka whether there's any special pricing or not, would I be best just contacting 4wd systems directly now? I assume there wouldn't be enough interest for another group order?

Cheers Bullant

no sorry mate this was a one off deal that they did in conjunction with the Navara Muster sponsorship, we may be able to do it again next muster but im not even sure about that and will have to wait until next year to find out

no sorry mate this was a one off deal that they did in conjunction with the Navara Muster sponsorship, we may be able to do it again next muster but im not even sure about that and will have to wait until next year to find out

All good, I can't wait that long :)

Mine is all fitted. Toro 4x4 is a great business to deal with.

Very helpful got it fitted for The quoted price of $ 350 with new seals.

All They really need is your Vin number to order the new seals.

The funny thing was when I went to pick mine up Dave d40 phoned up while I was there.

Now to test it out...fun fun fun⚠️

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

Last edited:

The funny thing was when I went to pick mine up Dave d40 phoned up while I was there.

Lets hit the tracks and blow off some steam fella.
John

Lookout Danger Mouse is on the loose! haha

Look forward to hearing your response on how the 22 performs with the LOKKA in.

I wonder who will win the one we have for the Muster Raffle?

Yeah I have been meaning to ring and had a day off and heard yours was in the shop today.

Whilst on the phone to Dave he said you were standing in front of him. I asked him to charge you extra but he refused.

Lads,

Well I locked the hubs after work,what I can say is the steering is slightly heavier when 4wd is engaged.but that's no different to running very low PSI Pressures.it responds very well on uneven ground in fact I believe it likes it.lol

Well when I tested it, it was midnight so I didn't play around too much.

Just a note of advice:
Please make sure you read the after installation advice

Backing off into corners and then reapplying acceleration.
Very important for these LOKKAS
Less stress on other components.

I was advised the same thing today after the installation by TORO 4X4.

So now I can't wait to get out and have a serious play and maybe even upload a video too.

'Please read your after installation instructions'

And for those of you that are a little paranoid (that ticking sound means it is working properly)

Have fun with them I know I'm going too

Good advice there Geoff, I think it was mentioned back earlier through this thread.
Actually if you read the 4WD SYSTEMS web site on how the LOKKA actually works and what it requires for the unlocking and locking stages then it is pretty clear that when entering corners especially tight radius you will need to get off the go peddle to allow the unit to unlock, BUT as soon as you apply throttle you will lock the unit up again due to the force being applied to it through the drive shaft, the harder you accelerate the tighter the unit locks together.

My worst fear has been realised. my clearances for spacer to spider are spot on like 0.007 LHS and 0.008 RHS, but my intercam clearance I can't do any better than 0.141 inches.

Looks like I am up for new or machine thrust washers, lets just hope to god I can find someone who can do it in Hervey Bay!

Good news! Called up 4wd systems and he said that gap would be fine to work with, for these reasons:

Using like 7 or 8 feeler gauges stacked on top of each other does lead to some error so I would likely make up the lost clearance there.

Being 0.004 inches out of spec is tiny and he said in their workshop they would just fit it

As the components wear in they will likely wear into spec anyway.

He was happy to cover the warranty on the product installing it with these specs.

I now know all about diffs haha

My worst fear has been realised. my clearances for spacer to spider are spot on like 0.007 LHS and 0.008 RHS, but my intercam clearance I can't do any better than 0.141 inches.

Looks like I am up for new or machine thrust washers, lets just hope to god I can find someone who can do it in Hervey Bay!

I had the same issues with my 2013 D40 Monday when getting it installed at Torq 4x4. They sent my washes away for machining and finished the install yesterday afternoon.

All sweet now. :redcool:

As a side note guys. When installing my lokka I realised that the bush which is attached to front plate of the diff is pretty knacked and has a lot.of.movement due to small tears in the rubber bushing. Not sure where I can get another one of these or it they sell an aftermarket poly one I can buy. I have a knocking noise from the front when I articulate sometimes so this may ne the cause. Just something for you guys to look for, I know people have bought a diff drop down offset bushes for these but it hardly seems worth ot for the 12.5mm drop they give

Hi All,

Over the Christmas break,I got to try my Lokka out extensively.

We were out at maroon Dam (QLD) in cattle country.
Camping for six days.in this time we ventured up and down big hills and Gulleys,with 4 inches of rain plus more as the days went on.
In the Time we were there,I had to winch out 4 of my friends.due to being stuck down to the axles.but the Nav was eating it up and loving it.I cannot believe the transformation of the vehicle.
All you need to do is adjust your driving style slightly to accommodate for the LOKKA'S mechanical way of working.and it is sweet as..
100% happy with my buy.May even look at a E-Locker for the rear.
To make it A complete weapon on the tracks...

😎

I hVe to agree, the difference it has made to the Nav is quite simply incredible.

Latest posts

Back