Lane change test for 2+2.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountainman

Reaction score
Hey fellas, just wondering whether any of you guys have done a lane change test to certify your total lift if it's beyond 75mm? Found a company called 'Safety Cert Queensland' who say that they do it, so gonna get some prices and find out whether the Nav has a chance of passing the test. I haven't put the body lift in yet but it's next on the list.
Would be pretty sweet to be 100% legal and not have to worry every time I see popo or DOT getting around, ha.

Cheers!

Will pass no worries im sure, mine passed with 75mm suspension lift, 30mm body lift and 265/75's. Was told by the driver it passed easy and he did a pass at 110kph which is 10kph more than required I believe.

Awesome! Thanks mate. I haven't heard of anyone who has actually done one in QLD. I think it'd definitely be worth doing for piece of mind with insurance, etc.

Good question Rusty! Common sense would say they'd be covered but we all know that common sense isn't always so common with some of this legislation.

Good question Rusty! Common sense would say they'd be covered but we all know that common sense isn't always so common with some of this legislation.

G'day mate,

Just wondering how you got on with this in the end? I'm about to go through the same process in Vic, best quote I've got so far including lane change test is $925 (everybody else was $2k+).

Cheers,

-Scott

Just wondering if you passed the test? im considering one, have heard good and bad, rang up a few engineers that do them only to find out they stop due to the risk involved.. ring them up and got told to call someone else, this happened three times until I finally got onto a bloke that does them, I said will my nav have a chance of passing, he told me try imitating the test on a safe piece of road working upto it, youtube the test, imitate it unloaded working your way upto 100kmph, then doing the same fully loaded to you vehicles load capacity, eg. 5 passengers + what ever the load limit your vehicle can handle and try that at 100kmph, if you feel safe and not like its gonna roll over, she should pass, he said unloaded is easy but fully packed is when it can get difficult. It all depends on the skill of the drivers who accept no responsibility of damage that occurs during the test and the how strict the testing is. its not uncommon that cars have rolled during this test which is the main reason a lot of engineers have stopped doing this test. my guess is insurance wouldn't have a bar of it either if the car rolled and was written off.

My navara passed easy as. Highly doubt many end up on their roof, they use drivers who know what they are doing, in my case cams approved race car driver, and start slow and work up to the required test speed.

The testing might be different in Tasmania, but from all reports ive heard, a lot of engineers that were doing them are feeling its a risky proposition to lane test 4wd's, im guessing Landrovers and other 4wds that have a different profile to the navaras which come out pretty low and have a low centre of gravity would be the ones most likely to flip. ring up DBautotech and see what he says about lane change testing, he'll palm you off onto someone else who will palm you onto someone else etc etc etc

Latest posts

Back