2015 muster location suggestions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparra04

Reaction score
Guys
As discussed by the commitee the 2015 muster date and location WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE RAFFLE DRAW at THIS YEARS muster
So
Get your heads together
Lets hear your suggestions
Where oh where will it be in 2015 ?
Its up to YOU

cheers

Last edited:
our small history
2011 ados NSW (property no longer available)
2012 Victorian muster unfortunately cancelled due to lack of numbers
2013 janowen 4wd park QLD
2014 wombyen caves NSW
2015??????

there has already been some preliminary discussions regarding location for 2015 but nothing is firm and ALL sensible suggestions will be looked at
once we have 3 or 4 locations we will run a poll

cheers

Here's a thought ! I saw this in January on my way home from Melbourne .

Can't remember where but :confused:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402065398934.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402065398934.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 226
Love the idea of early notification.
My suggestion would be somewhere diffrerent like central Aust somewhere, Plently of time to organise a few days off for extended travel, i dont know the areas there much maybe someone will have suggestions but i have found that travelling to these Musters adds to the fun. ie: Lake Eyre National Park.

Manar looks good it has stated that there is 230k`s of 4X4 tracks to drive plus its a fair drive away.
Lovday also looks fantastic and essentially what i was looking for, being a fair distance from anything Id spend a FEW days at either given the chance.
I wouldnt mind suggesting a tour type Muster or even a sub-muster/tour, ie: from Sydney to the red centre, though the issues would be setting up camp each day with several drivers to account for. Not to get too far off track the ideas are endless especially when thereis a lot of time for prepartation. Well thats my 2c anyone wish to add as were running out of time. hehehe

Well I put my leave application in . Mrs thinks I'm crazy . Looks Like a great weekend :D

Suggest away! The committee has had a fair bit of discussion about this during meetings but we've not landed on anything concrete yet. There have been some incredible places suggested.

Here's a couple of questions that would help us out:

1) Would people object to travelling 1200km from Sydney in order to stay at a truly iconic place?

2) Would people object to higher costs per night in order to stay at this place?

3) Would people object to having to take an entire week to do "the muster" - in other words, the Muster is a Monday-arvo to Friday-morning thing, leaving the surrounding weekends to get there and back?

4) Does anyone here object to being in South Australia?

5) How many of you have 1 woods, and would be willing to carry said toad-dispersal-device as far as Bundaberg Qld?

One of the troubles we're having with locations is that everywhere is becoming so expensive to visit/stay at. Janowen Hills was relatively cheap, but the committee spent more money than it received on providing not only the camping and 4WD fees and shirts and stickers and stuff, but the committee also bought some of the prizes we raffled off. We'd need sponsors who came to the party with a cheque book, not just some stock, in order to help us pay for camping costs let alone the rest of the stuff at some of these places.

Just take a look at http://roverpark.com.au up near Tenterfield, in particular their Tarrifs (sic) page. $45 per day for unpowered sites per vehicle is reasonable IF you have 2 adults and 2 teenage kids. $85 if you want one of their on-site vans and - sit down for this - $500 if you want one of their cabins (2 cars max, 8 people max). That's what we have to deal with, and it's getting worse all the time.

Back when we had the first Muster at Ados4WD Peter wanted $5 per head per night and didn't want to know about any kid under 15. That was awesome, but because some idiots had been trashing the place and the local caravan park was complaining about the competition, he was upping the fees to $9 per head per night. That's $18 per person for a 2-night muster - quite manageable, and way less than what some of the other parks are asking. It must be said that the facilities at Ados were only reasonable (who remembers the showers!!) and the place is closed now anyway.

So let's get some feedback on how far people are willing to go. There are some fantastic places to visit - The Springs 4WD park comes to mind - but it has a price tag attached. How many people are going to be unable to make it if the price is too high?

What is also important when considering that last question is this: we're going to provide HEAPS of notice for the 2015 Muster, its location and hopefully some idea of the likely cost not only of entry, but of getting there (because some of the locations on the board are actually quite a distance away - I wasn't kidding about the golf club!). Having that much lead time would allow people to save up - let's say tickets are $80 and it'll cost $300 in fuel, you'd have 12 months to get that plus food and beer money (call it $600 for a man-I'm-completely-wasted weekend) and in reality that's $12.50 per week, $50 a month to save up.

So let's talk about what's possible?

What was wrong with the showers at ados?
After all the hard work in the kitchen the shower was refreshing

can we aim for one of the Islands Up qld way? I know the ferries are a bit steep. at the same time alot of people have never been on them and im sure they wouldnt mind saving up to go?

i know this place is fantastic for camping, Right on the river and A HUGE space for everyone to fit in ( if we book the lot)
Only downside is its NSW again but worth a look > Right near NOWRA

http://www.gradys.com.au/

Last edited:
The islands such as Fraser would be an option but a long drive as most members are in NSW or VIC. If you made it a 5 day muster with plenty of notice most would be able to apply for leave and it would a damm good event, I reckon there is a few that haven't been there. The only downside is Tony would have to leave the van at home and tent it. Don't forget about Manor Park and Landcruiser Park rates are affordable and the camping area's huge.
But again a bloody long way for most members.

This issue was raised again at tonight's committee meeting
We are only 9 weeks away from an announcement with no decision made yet
IDEAS PLEASE:hmmmm2:

Hmmmm, could we pick two spots one North one south and alternate each year?

I really don't think distance is an issue, I personally like a longer travel I use it as a bit of a break and tour around.
I know that the last year Muster was fantastic because not only was it prepared and executed very well but the 4x4 action was right there and I would have stayed longer for sure. So maybe a 4x4 action park with camping close by with an extended Muster, just design it in a way where most of the action and events are made over 3 days and then have a select few events over the last 2 or 3 days. that way people who cant stay a week get to experience most the fun.

http://www.emucreek.com
http://www.levuka.com.au
http://www.loveday4x4adventures.com
http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au

To name a couple of options, we could also go out the boonies and ask a farmer to rent some of his million acre property to us for a few days.
Not to eliminate the idea if an island as well, if we could somehow rent it, would be awesome. at least we would be away from the main land.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back