Cable entry to d22 tub with canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Navara

Reaction score
G'day all,
This weekend I am running awg4 cable to the third battery in the tub.
Where/ how did you enter the tub?
I am looking at coming in behind the tail lights but is there a better place?
Looking into the tub from the rear, battery will be in back left corner near tailgate.

Ideas please?

I fed my cable through a plastic grommet about 400mm back from front of tub. It's on either side and above the fuel filler neck on the inside of tub. If you understand what I mean?

I fed my cable through a plastic grommet about 400mm back from front of tub. It's on either side and above the fuel filler neck on the inside of tub. If you understand what I mean?

I think so.
I have the jcar waterproof cable glands to suit the cables, and planned to terminate at an Anderson plug. I need to be able to remove the battery/ fridge slide system I've built and figured that's cleanest.
So you just drilled through the tub and ran your wires up along the full filler area from underneath?
The main reason for my question is that I didn't want to drill if there is another way into the tub.

G'day

On the D40 under the top lip of the tub at the front corner there is a gap. probably similar for the D22. could be some at the rear corner as well.

If you don't wanna drill. Run it along chassis and follow fuel lines to tub. Come up behind the taillights in tub and at top is enough room to poke the wire out at the top inside of tub

G'day

On the D40 under the top lip of the tub at the front corner there is a gap. probably similar for the D22. could be some at the rear corner as well.

Will go looking-and let people know.

Will try and photograph / write up as go. It will all stop when I get stuck!

If you don't wanna drill. Run it along chassis and follow fuel lines to tub. Come up behind the taillights in tub and at top is enough room to poke the wire out at the top inside of tub

That's the go Rusty,
I run mine through the taillights area.
Looks a hell of a lot tidier coming into the tub.

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

Ok guys, did you run from drivers side battery, or the other?
Was going to come down through the left chassis rail but worried about the exhaust heat at the front end

I came down through the drivers side.

If you run the cable up onto the top of the chassis rail shouldn't be an issue on the left-hand side but I think the exhaust manifold might get you coming into the engine bay with unwanted heat to the cable.. I would recommend going the driver-side side
And use good cable ties so it doesn't hooked up on anything.

. ⚠️Cheers Geoff

Go the V-6's⚠️

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

I linked my 2 aux batteries(pass side batt and 1 in tray) and ran the cable on top of chassis rail down passengers side in through the lhs tail light
No cable issues but mine was double sheathed and ran in flexi conduit

Last edited:
I ran mine down the passenger side then drilled a hole in the tub floor and put a water proof gland on it. Their is a hole on the drivers side with a plug in it but it isn't in the best spot and its on top of the fuel tank.

With the winch and stuff connected to the right side battery, I came off the passenger side battery, across the firewall, and down the top of the drivers side chassis rail.
Then crossed back to the passenger side above the tow bar in in through the gap at the top of the tub behind the taillight.
Big Anderson plug there.(so battery and fridge slider box can be removed as a unit).
Didn't buy enough cable to reach back to the front battery earth.
How essential is it to have common earth?
Can I earth to chassis rail at the rear?

as long as you have a good solid earth with a good lug and cable on both ends you will be ok
the preferred method is terminal to terminal but you wont be drawing a huge current
are we there yet

Latest posts

Back