What fuel brand do you use ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of fuel do you run and why.

• Total voters
I have been using Caltex Vortex but so far the Shell is getting better economy but I did put some injector cleaner through it at the same time.

Dave.

I try to stick with Caltex as much as possible, although there is very little choice where I am. I did make the mistake of putting a tank of bio-diesel in it last time when I was desperate... it doesn't like it too much. I must say that making sure the tonneau cover is on makes a real difference to fuel economy.

I started with Shell when mine was new and staying with it as Shell do no Biodiesel in Aust. Keeping all reciepts should a contamination occur.

Greg

I use shell, One of cheapest ones in WA is down the road from me, plus has a high rate of trucks in there. Plus get mums 8 cents discounts. So works out to be like 115.9 :)

After working for a company the repairs fuel trailers all over W.A no matter what company it is the fuel all comes form the same gantry it just depends on how clean the barrels are on the trailers and how clean the tanks are in the servos I choose to go with Caltex as they seem to be the cleanest and most reliable

At the end of the day its what ever you are happy with.

on my 7th tank of caltex vortex diesel now and i think the economy getting a lot worse. used to be about 600/tank now at 550ish my fuel light will come on.. was just waiting for BP ultimate diesel to be available again as i was getting about 650 and fuel light was not on yet..

now that BP is back might go back to BP ultimate. again price difference is only about 3c from normal diesel so why not.. :rock:

I use BP, work around archerfield in brisbane and they own all the truck depots around there. Nuffin better than high turnova servos to get the freshest fuel.

Meh, old thread but she's still good.

Been using Caltex lately, from 10.6L/100km's with Shell fuel.

Caltex, average over several tanks. 10.1L/100km's.

Seems to go better too.

Meh, old thread but she's still good.

Been using Caltex lately, from 10.6L/100km's with Shell fuel.

Caltex, average over several tanks. 10.1L/100km's.

Seems to go better too.

Fill up from same place every week never a issue in 2 years, Fueled up at a caltex on the murray at easter, And the next morning on the run home i struggled to get over 80- 90 kph. Ran the tank out and fresh fuel and new fuel filter and it was back to normal. Caltex,s answer was it was a independent servo so not there problem, And the servos reply was nah mate not us i fill my own truck here. All i know is every time i go up the river i wont go near that servo not even for ice

Had a similar thing with BP at Coffs Harbour like 4 years ago, thought the turbo was gonna blow.

Heard some wierd noises that day, done over 200,000km's since and never a drama.

How many km's you up to now Dave ?

Had a similar thing with BP at Coffs Harbour like 4 years ago, thought the turbo was gonna blow.

Heard some wierd noises that day, done over 200,000km's since and never a drama.

How many km's you up to now Dave ?

131,000 km in my 04, Just ticking over, I thought it wasn,t good i couldn,t get over a 100 all week needed down hill to push over 100. ran that fuel out a put filter in and bingo she was back to normal, I had the front off the turbo checking fins and free play

Just some food for thought. I have it on very good authority that like oils ain't oils, fuels ain't fuels!

Go down to the giant mobil storage in Yarraville (melbourne) and you will see shell, BP and Caltex tankers filling up. All Melb metro fuel comes from this site. Yes a bloke from shell may tip a shotglass of additive into an entire B-double so it's 'shell fuel' but there you go.

I think where you fill up is much more important, especially for a diesel. Always try and fill up at a place with high volume turnover and preferably has not just filled there tank up and stirred all the crap around.

Having said that I try to always fill at a certain BP servo. Because it's on a hi-way, is a major truck stop and is convenient.

just my 2c,
Shan

Agreewith a shan b. I always try to use a place where I know the fuel turns over pretty quickly ie trucks fill up there.

Caltex vortex only. Obviously if it not available I just use regular. Also adding fuel doctor just incase of any impurities. Have been using same servo since owning the nav.

Rusty

Dont use safeway caltex. Use a proper caltex but if im going somewhere theres a bp ill run it low so i can fill up there. No bp here

Switched to BP becaue we were using Caltex in all our work trucks wel had 6 new ones going in to Mistusbihsi for new fuel rails and dropped injectors. caused by the fuel in Toowoomba sold by caltex

Latest posts

Back