D22 Purchase Question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kornster

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for some advice. Got a 2006 Nissan Navara 3.0ltr ST-R D22 S2 Manual 4x4 Dual Cab locally for sale by a dealer. I`ve had a look and it has some cosmetic damage as you`d expect from a car as old as it is. Looking over it the one thing that stood out was the oil residue covering the turbo. Its done 157 on the clock and im not a diesel/turbo expert so im unsure if this is a bad thing to see. From what i`ve read the turbos are oil cooled and some bleed out can happen. In the service book it had a service at 155 and im taking a stab that the service mechanic left the turbo as it was because its normal?

Anyone have any advice? I have booked my mechanic to take it Friday and do a look over it and check things. Just after a second opinion.

See Attached

Attachments

• IMG_20170517_160221.jpg
    IMG_20170517_160221.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20170517_160211.jpg
    IMG_20170517_160211.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Also before i forget its got a dual battery system. Just not sure why you`d need that? i know the newer 2.5`s have them but i`ve never seen a 3.0litre with a dual battery system. There`s no electric brake kit in the cabin so i dont think its towed anything massive.

Attachments

• IMG_20170517_160243.jpg
    IMG_20170517_160243.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 146
oil looks like oil from the blowby. these engines blow loads of oil out the breather, especially when overfilled with oil (common). catch can is highly recommended.
also i see they have changed the intake hoses and put the wrong sized hoses on (to long).

dual battery is home made. they modded the fuel filter bracket.

Thanks tweak'e. Intake hoses are pretty easy to replace. Would prolonged uses of the wrong size hoses cause issues mechanically?

Would the modded fuel filter bracket be an issue?

shouldn't cause an issue. they don't looked kinked and as long as they don't rub on anything it should be fine.

Also before i forget its got a dual battery system. Just not sure why you`d need that? i know the newer 2.5`s have them but i`ve never seen a 3.0litre with a dual battery system. There`s no electric brake kit in the cabin so i dont think its towed anything massive.

Common for people who use them as a tourer/camping vehicle to do this. Second battery runs fridge, camp/canopy lights etc. There might be some controller/relay setup to allow it to charge but isolate it from the main battery when car isn't running.

Thanks for the replies everyone. My mechanic had a look at it today and he advised to not go through with the purchase based on some mechanical issues he identified. I`ll keep hunting around or drive the X-Trail into the ground :)

Latest posts

Back