What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pic and location.

One thing I gotta ask, is your D40 a diesel. If so get a snorkel, a petrol engine would like one to I imagine.

Dave.

Hows this for timing... I am off to north Straddie on Boxing day, and I am taking a 6m boat with me.. To to the job, I will be using low range 4x4 all the time when on the beach with the boat hitch....
So last Saturday my Low Range stopped working. It just wont engage, 4x4 hi works fine.. I contacted Nissan and it is booking on Xmas eve... cutting it a bit close I recon..

What was the problem with low range Jabba?

did you come to a complete stop and put it in neutral with foot on the clutch? or if auto just in neutral with the brake on. i thought i had a problem with it engaging until i read the little card they give you on how to operate the switch.

peter, with your clutch was it a feeling in the pedal ? i have an intermittent problem also. the clutch isnt slipping and the clutch pedal doesnt get stuck in, but it feels like it could. it only happens after a long trip or after half hour or so of low range. feels like a click/grind but gives a spring kind of sound. hard to explain.....

im getting a snorkel put on next thursday and they are looking at it then hope its an easy fix.

What was the problem with low range Jabba?

It wouldn't engage.... Now it is temperamental, so sometime it will engage and sometimes it wont... Nissan said it is a electrical fault is it is going in to get sorted on Monday 12th.. They could not fix it on the 24th Dec, as the Auto electrician was on holiday's.....

I have a few more items that need to be sorted now also...
The power steering is making a noise in the cabin when I turn the wheel, there is a rattle from the engine bay when I start the motor and I am going to see if Nissan will repair or replace the side step that was bent when I decented down a sand cliff slowly (2ft drop).

Last edited:
I am going to see if Nissan will repair or replace the side step that was bent when I decented down a sand cliff slowly (2ft drop).

Dont like your chances.

I lost 2 caps off my rims and Nissan refused to pay for em. They fell off when I was offroad. So I bought 2 more ($120 each) and then thought twice and took them off.

Dave.

Dont like your chances.

I lost 2 caps off my rims and Nissan refused to pay for em. They fell off when I was offroad. So I bought 2 more ($120 each) and then thought twice and took them off.

Dave.
Yeah, I think I'll have a better chance at winning the lotto then getting Nissan to repair my side step...

Last edited by a moderator:
did you come to a complete stop and put it in neutral with foot on the clutch? or if auto just in neutral with the brake on. i thought i had a problem with it engaging until i read the little card they give you on how to operate the switch.

Mmmmm, Just read this post... Mine is a Auto, and I have read the manual ( a year ago).. RE: the foot on the brake has me thinking. I know the car has to be in Netural or Park for it to ingage, but I was not aware about having to press on the brake,, I'm going to give it a go now... I don't remember getting that yellow card either...

my old man has the auto and couldnt get low range working all the time because he wasnt putting it in neutral with foot on the brake, after reading the little card i tried it and works everytime now, could be worth a shot.

Truck goes into Nissan again on the 19th to get the fuel sender unit replaced yet again. They replaced it as a recall and its even worse than before . Now low fuel comes on with 20 to 30 liters left in tank.
Have asked them to adjust tailgate yet again . Have asked already 3 times but they somehow always forget

Mmmmm, Just read this post... Mine is a Auto, and I have read the manual ( a year ago).. RE: the foot on the brake has me thinking. I know the car has to be in Netural or Park for it to ingage, but I was not aware about having to press on the brake,, I'm going to give it a go now... I don't remember getting that yellow card either...
Well there your go, the old foot on the brake trick works a treat...

thats awesome, nissan probably would have replaced something that didnt need to be replaced and stuffed something else in the process. i had a squeak and they thought it was a uni joint so they replaced the whole tailshaft and uni joints but then i had a leak from the transfer case... then they fixed that leak then they gave me another leak on the front driveshaft seal on the transfer case.

the overflow for the air con has been leaking onto the passenger side floor. i have rubber mats there so haven't noticed it until recently . rang nissan and apparently it's a common problem (design fault ) and they have an easy fix.soon find out , it's booked in on friday.

D40 warranty work

Must have got a Friday build vehicle.

Vehicle has 24,500 klms, 06 model, new from dealer January 2007.

Clutch replaced - burning smell when backing up driveway (not slipping it either);
Doors rattle - keeps returning;
Front end squeak - returns not longa fter the fix (4th time);
Bumper rubber overide fell off @ 1000klms;
Radio aerial lead replaced;
Back doors very difficult to open - this has returned again; and
Rattle coming from heat shileds on shut down.

has that "chattering" sound when accelerating/changing gears, sounds like it comes from the clutch pedal (another post indicates it might be the pressure plate) so will get them to look at next service.

Great performance on road, soft offroader (naturally) but am worried about the longevity of the clutch particularly if I am going to do some easy/medium off road work. Was planning on Cape York this year but....

Hey Bob,

what was wrong with your tail gate, cause mine my D40 is new and it seems to be hard to close the gate like it needs to be lifted up to allow it to clear the catches.

Thanks

Must have got a Friday build vehicle.

Great performance on road, soft offroader (naturally) but am worried about the longevity of the clutch particularly if I am going to do some easy/medium off road work. Was planning on Cape York this year but....

What do you mean by "soft roader (naturally).." IMHO the Nav D40 has one of the best low range set ups in this class of vehicle!

saggy arse

the tailgate is to heavy and sags so the dealer placed a 3mm stainless shim beetween the each hinge and the tailgate, this lifts the tailgate up 3mm and now it closses great. if you are really fussy you could measure how much each side has droped and shim accordingly.

Attachments

• DSCF1462.jpg
    DSCF1462.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 153
hay barra1 when are you looking at going to the cape?
I am heading up about the second week in may. through cooktown, lakefield nat park and then the old telegraph line to the tip. maybe a stop in at portland roads for a good feed of oysters.

Latest posts

Back