D21 engine install- few issues needed help with

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrews

Reaction score
Okay so firstly I'm new to this forum so hello, and sorry if this post is in wrong section or anything etc.

Well let's get down to it.
D21 1991 Z24 motor 4x4

Just done my first engine removel and install, the previous engine had popped.

Everything went back in smoothly.

1st issue when the fuse for the radio/ air con is pushed into place the fuel pump cuts out and will not prime or pump any fuel threw. But as soon as radio/ A/C fuse is removed the fuel pump works and the car will run and idle. Pulled head deck out disconnected all sound system still no luck?

2nd issue when leads where first connected back up to battery the leads plugs and wires all smoked up for a second before I quickly disconnected, no idea why that happened. Noticed there was one earth cable from the engine block to the body that hadn't been bolted on. Bolted on, no more smoke. But not sure if damage was already done..
Battery will not hold charge, yet to test alternator. But as soon as jumper leads are disconnected car will die.

3rd issue no power what so ever to dash, no speedo, clock, interior lights, temp nothing. All fuses are fine under steering column. Not sure if issues from the battery leads and plugs smoking up? As all this was previously working.

Any help or suggestions would be great, cheers

Latest posts

Back