Fuel Tank - 80 litres???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed Nissan about this problem and they got back to me yesterday saying that they were aware of the problem and the engineers were in the "R&D" phase of finding a solution. Whatever that is supposed to mean??

Feul light came on at 178K's yesterday. Oh wait..... 3 warning lights to tell me this. Is nissan really serious about this. 80k's is more than enough warning....

Did another 80 k's before filling up. Max 63.2 lt.

Last edited:
its an absolute joke! make sure u complain to nissan about it otherwise they are just taking us for a ride. last time i rang they said thats how they are designed. absolute idiots!

its an absolute joke! make sure u complain to nissan about it otherwise they are just taking us for a ride. last time i rang they said thats how they are designed. absolute idiots!

Yep! Wankers if the truth be known. they are so argumentative about it as well.

So i had a big chat to nissan customer service about the fuel tank. They plan on releaseing an upgrade for the distance to empty it should just be a software update. They are working a fix for the fuel tank but they will take a awhile and will be a physical fix. So i would recommend you get your service dealer to pass on your information for the fault so they can add you to the list and when they do the fix recall the vin numbers will be first.

So i had a big chat to nissan customer service about the fuel tank. They plan on releaseing an upgrade for the distance to empty it should just be a software update. They are working a fix for the fuel tank but they will take a awhile and will be a physical fix. So i would recommend you get your service dealer to pass on your information for the fault so they can add you to the list and when they do the fix recall the vin numbers will be first.

i dont want to burst ur bubble but the second time i rang thats what i was told. the third and fourth time i rang they told me that i was the first to have that problem. its wishful thinking that they will do something about it but u have to remember these customer service guys are very good at fobbing off any issues. i would recommend that u ring up again and see if u are given the same story. worthwhile getting a name as well.

After reading all this has to test it this morning when I filled up.
Needle showing 1/8 remaining and dash flashing 95km till empty.
Filled up 62L, so still had 18L in the tank which would be anywhere from 200-250km remaining.

After reading all this has to test it this morning when I filled up.
Needle showing 1/8 remaining and dash flashing 95km till empty.
Filled up 62L, so still had 18L in the tank which would be anywhere from 200-250km remaining.

Yip that's about right. Whenever my fuel light comes on I take note of the trip meter then add 200km and I know I need to fill up at that point at the latest. Doing that I normally can squeeze in around 73-76 litres depending on the driving style.

Yip that's about right. Whenever my fuel light comes on I take note of the trip meter then add 200km and I know I need to fill up at that point at the latest. Doing that I normally can squeeze in around 73-76 litres depending on the driving style.

i thought about doing that but i get a bit nervous driving so close to the limit. not worth the stress.

i just wanted to confirm with all the owners that this applies to all models of the np300?? i know of a few owners who think their vehicle is perfect.

apparently it applies to all np300 including those in the showroom now. they are currently selling really well. 3rd best selling ute in january 2016 behind the ranger and hilux

i asked the manager at a nissan dealer about the issue with the fuel tank, whether it was only the initial navaras sold (i bought mine back in august) and have they since been fixed?. he said the fuel tank issues apply to ALL nissan navara np300s including the ones selling now eg. 2016 plated.

reason why i asked is because some navara owners say they love their cars and its perfect but obviously the fuel tank issue doesnt bother them. it bothers me because i would like to get close to 1000km as possible without a refill like other cars/utes

i asked the manager at a nissan dealer about the issue with the fuel tank, whether it was only the initial navaras sold (i bought mine back in august) and have they since been fixed?. he said the fuel tank issues apply to ALL nissan navara np300s including the ones selling now eg. 2016 plated.

reason why i asked is because some navara owners say they love their cars and its perfect but obviously the fuel tank issue doesnt bother them. it bothers me because i would like to get close to 1000km as possible without a refill like other cars/utes

I think the Manager might be full of it. The NP300 is a great car but it is by no means perfect. The only people who wouldn't care about the fuel tank issue are the ones who never let it get anywhere near the low mark.
I'm like you and I want to know my actual range for when i do long drives.

I just brought a 2015 model and I asked about a fix for this issue but nothing as yet. Also asked about a factory snorkel and it should be available soon I'm told

Latest posts

Back