Transmission leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steedjo

Reaction score
Hey.

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Driving to Melbourne today from lakes, 4 hour drive there with a trailer on. Not a hugely heavy trailer just an enclosed box trailer. Car should have done it no worries I thought but when I got to the inbound bp for my mighty muffin I noticed black oil all over the trailer. After having a look around it looks like it's comming from the transmission gasket.

Anyone else heard of this happening and if so is it ok to drive or trailer job? Car still drives fine changes gears no slipping, no clunking just as smooth as before.

Cheers,

Yea that's what I thought but my oil level hasn't dropped at all and the v9x dosnt have a tranny dip stick as far as I can see. Oil level should have dropped a bit since the diff, mud flaps tow bar and trailer were covered in it. Will get photo tomorrow

Also it hasn't leaked overnight no pool of oil under car?

Attachments

• IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 102
you will need to grab a spray can of degreaser and give a good clean to all oil soaked areas and let dry then go for a short drive and re cheack to find exactly where the oil looks like its coming from. at the moment you won,t have any idea where its coming from.

Done that and it's definitely comming from the spot in those photos the gasket near those bolts. Also after taking it for a quick spin coolant started pissing out the overflow which would indicate loose head bolts or head gasket??

Done that and it's definitely comming from the spot in those photos the gasket near those bolts. Also after taking it for a quick spin coolant started pissing out the overflow which would indicate loose head bolts or head gasket??

Has been a hand full of rear mains go on v9x that I know of.

Latest posts

Back