550 pathfinder transmission oil check/change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kakol junior

Reaction score
Hi can anyone give me a heads up on checking/draining/ and refilling the auto 7 speed,there's 2 bolts opposite sides on the base 1 is a Allan key wich I thought was for checking the level,but it didn't stop pouring out..Cheers

There's a special charging pipe needed to fill the gearbox (part number 310811EA5A). Checking it is a matter of letting it overflow when the gearbox is at a certain temperature (I think that is "under 40C"). Nissan say that the fluid is supposed to last for life.

I've got a copy of the official nissan service manual I can link you guys. It's exactly 40C and I intend to use an infrared thermometer to roughly measure that temp from the oil pan, crude I know but without the nissan consult III+ you can’t check it.

Also the tool looks like a pain to get, I was going to buy this after market one, which is a copy of the nissan tool and looks to be high quality:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400721050762?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Have a look at it and see for yourself.

i dont understand how that tool would work. blokes have done big wright ups on how to change auto oil just do a search. b great if admin can put it up the top so it stays there.

The tool works when you pump in the appropriate amount of oil from underneath and let the excess flow back out. Don't ask me how it makes sense to anyone trying to save money, when it really isn't difficult to whack in a dipstick.

Making the thread sticky isn't a bad idea as it has the manual referenced in it.

Latest posts

Back