Melbourne to Queensland

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter70

Reaction score
Hey guys
just finished loading the Nav for our trip up North.
Heading of shortly to Cobram (folks house) for tonight and then through to Dubbo tommorow.
Wednesday will be to Tweed Heads and then Thurs, Fri &Sat nights @Surfers.
A couple of nights in Brissy then back along the coast home.
Will be taking the laptop so i'll post anything of interest.
looking forward to hopefully getting a bit more out of the tank than i have been and a good trip should see if this is possible.
Peter

Good work. The week after I picked up our new D22 STR we headed from Geelong to Currumbin, QLD with the wife and 2 young kids, good little road trip. Headed up inland and back via the coast. Good luck & enjoy.

Hey Pete, should be a good trip. Lucky bugger.

Ill let a mate know who is a copper up around Dubbo to keep and eye out for a black D40. lol.

Dave.

If you havent got too busy a schedule post up if you want to catch up for a beer or something with us while you are up here. Jason and I are on the northside but there are a few scattered all over bris and the Gold Coast.Take lots of pics for us!

Hey guys, made i safely and are now relaxing on the Gold coast after a day a Seaworld today.
Must say fuel economy was a bit strange given that there really no heavy load.
We left Cobram 3am Tues for Dubbo and had to fill up @ Parkes to be sure. Cruise control all the way with the odd passing of a truck. Roughly around 12.5 L/100. Dubbo through to Tamworth again 3 am start and again around 12.5L/100. Drove from Tamworth to armidale then over some mountain range, very tight and twisty up and down and lots of revs and tyre squealing(you would think i was driving a HSV). Then through to Tweed Heads filled up again this time to a little over 10L/100.
Got me buggered i thought i would have used less on the straight road on cruise than zooming up and down some mountain range??
Will be on Goldcoast to Sunday and then up to Brissy for Sun/Mon nights.

Peter

I'd have to agree with Kickars there, cruise control uses more on the highway than no cruise. I find that CC is reactive rather than proactive, ie if you see a hill coming up usually we accelerate slightly to get run up. CC will wait until it hits the hill, then boot the boot in to try and keep speed up.

My wife costs me fuel... So many U turns.

lol classic,

also one thing to remember towing with crusier control is a real bad idea, as the crusie control wants to get up to speed straight away not over time like we would normally do. you will find that you will get 300km's and used a tonne of fuel.

Agreed .. my d22 dont have cruise controll . on my trip to qld .. did canberra to brisbane in 15 hrs .. sitting around the speed limit .. filled up in brisbane ... used 120L .. 1240 km .. pretty good if you ask me considering the nav is about 2700kg now. Around the 10L / 100 mark Id imagine it would not be this good with cruise ( plus i do have the lpg / deisel conversion to .. used 37L lpg) but on sand .. its nearly half the economy .. incase you were wondering.

Latest posts

Back