D22 tail gate sagging

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey guys, so usually I have 2or ao bike an the back of the ute and the weight of the bikes cause the tail gate to sag which had caused some issues when closing it but he main issue is I want to put some reverse lights between the gap of my mcc rear bar and the tail gate. And if it was to be let down with no bikes it would be fine but with the extra weight of the bikes it will sag and crush it....
Is there any way to shorten or mod thw two arms that hols the tail gate when it's down ?
Cheers in advance

I think the only way would be to remove the stock bracket arms and make up a solid piece that you hook on when you open up the tailgate, even 2 x pieces of h.d. chain would work well and not let the gate sag.

Hey Cheers for the reply.
Do you think chain or wire rope would fit in with out any cutting etx? Only removing of the factory arms

had the same problem from the same reason on my d40. i made some 6mm alli spacers to go in between the hinges and the tailgate.

my spacers are only about 3 or 4mm

3163x3b.jpg

those hinge spacers won,t help with the weight of motor bikes sitting on the tailgate. the only fix is to either make up new heavier duty gate holding brackets or use some h.d. chain that you would clip on when the gate is open and before the bikes weight goes on.

Hey yeah. Unfortunately like Johnny said going to have to do something in regards to the current holding brackets.
Going to go have a browse at the local hardware store and try see if I can get something that will wrk

Latest posts

Back