Sound deadener Pingjing or similar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Looking to make the inside of d22 dual cab cabin a bit quieter. Most of the noise I get is engine noise/road noise. I'm looking at some of this cheap pingjing sound deadener on ebay which comes with a roller applicator for about 200 bucks which should cover the floor and rear wall of the cabin plus the left over for the inside of the door skins.

I have previously replaced the underlay oem stuff which I soaked with muddy water when I got stuck I'm a mud hole, so I have some foam insulation stuff to go on top in between the deadener and carpet.

When I had the carpet out the to dry out and clean the mud out plus remove the oem insulation, I noticed the front fire wall has a hard plastic surface which was all cracked and deteriorated over where your left foot sits on the drivers side near the clutch pedal. Underneath the cracking plastic is like a cotton/fibrous substance? I'm assuming it protects the cabin if there is a fire in the engine bay, hence the term firewall? Anyway my main question is if I get the sound deadener and apply it, should I apply it directly over the fire wall material which is already there? Or just but it up to the edge? The plastic surface has broken away from the fire walls material exposing the cotton/fibres. Not sure if the sound deader would stick to that surface or whether I need to coat it in a paint of something first. I have some spray on body deadener which I could put on before rolling the sound deadener on so it has a clean surface to attach to?

Any advice would be welcome. Cheers
Alex

i did this recently i just sat the deadner on the exposed cotton and broken plastic i kinda sticks, the carpet keeps it in place.

I really don't think what you are going to do will make a huge difference, the D22's are abit prehistoric with the way they are built.
I would choose a dynamat rather than a roller applied paint. You would only need to do the floors to get the cabin a little quieter.

its the same as dynamat just chinese shorty means a roller to press it into place, atleast i think

Cheers dudes id never heard of dynamat before
Just did some googling and it looks like the good shit

Made in USA not china brilliant

I try to avoid chinese anything wherever possible

I didnt realise carbuilders stuff was all chinese shite

Correct I meant the roller is used to apply the product firmly against the floor with the adhesive backing. Pingjing is the same type of product as dynamat just not a famous or expensive. A lot of people thing the sound deadener does wonders for the noise, 65xpd how did you find the difference in cab noise. I love my D22 and can't see myself parting with it anytime soon so I am just looking to make it slightly more comfortable for long trips as I am driving from SEQ to the kimberleys at the end of april.

Pretty sure Rabbid Chop used it in his d22, I will see if I can find something. I used Resomat in my HQ Statesman and it made a world of difference. Much quieter and the doors now close with a clunk rather than a clank

Well I have ordered the product. I spoke the guy at South EAST Car Audio who supplies the pingjing and he said if you could removed the oem layer on the firewall and clean the surface up you would be better off by putting the deadener straight on the metal bare metal. But he said there wasn't much point putting it over the top of the oem firewall dampener material. So I will wait a see what it looks like when I pull the carpets up. He said if you can't get the oem firewall stuff off just butt the end of the pingjing up to it.

Latest posts

Back