Bashplate Drawings - Make your own

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Well, sorry for taking so long guys but i have finely finshed the drawings. Let me know if you find any stand out errors as i knocked these up pretty dam quick.

They are very similar to a particular brand of bash plate being sold currently, and if you cant be bothered buying all the bolts and pieces you need for the install, im sure you can buy these kits by themselves, from a place starting with TJ....

There are 3 drawings; Sump Guard, Transfer Guard, and Parts list with some details.

These work on the Japan built models (mines 2006) wouldnt have a clue about other series if they will or not. Even on mine i had to add an extra spacer washer on the transfer guard, as it was abit close for my liking.

Enjoy.

Peet

Attachments

• 01 SUMP GUARD DRAWING.pdf
    246.5 KB · Views: 2,756
  • 02 TRANSFER CASE GUARD DRAWING.pdf
    175.9 KB · Views: 1,881
  • 03 PARTS LIST & DETAILS.pdf
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,640
Last edited:
The drawings are great. I think I'll make some out of cardboard to see if they will fit my 2010 D22. Thanks again for the great work

For anyone interested I may have found someone in Brisbane that can cut and bend these plates from the drawings. Once I find out prices I'll let you all know. Fingers crossed they fit current D22's as well

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

Hey mate,
I have read some blokes had problems fitting TJM plates to newer D22's so be careful. Maybe do the cardboard thing or thin tin sheet first and see how they line up. Might be a thread somewhere here about any problems with TJM plates and newer Navs also.

Pete

Very nice. I rekon i might have to have a crack at making these up for my nav. Peteyen does the sump guard go all the way to the bullbar to replace the plastic guard at the bottom of the bullbar or does it just replace the factory sump guard?

Nar doesnt go up that high. Higher then the factory one though. Here a pic of where they finish.

You can see it bends up behind the plastic one. Other blokes have replace the plastic bit, i havent bothered yet.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 624
For anyone interested I may have found someone in Brisbane that can cut and bend these plates from the drawings. Once I find out prices I'll let you all know. Fingers crossed they fit current D22's as well

I'll be keen to see how you go as I also have a 2010 D22 and I'm in need of some bashplates at the moment.

If I can get some Of these cut around Brisbane. What's everyone's preferred material?

Josh, Mild Steel in say 4mm or 5mm will be the cheapest option.. and then maybe powder coated etc..... the other option would be Stainless..however thats a moving price target pending which grade, however you may not have to paint it????..ferritic grade 400 series will rust:big_smile:

Also price will depend on how many items can be nested into say a 2400 x 1200 sheet ?

My preference would be 4 or 5mm M/S and I'd spray them myself in 2 pack.

Josh, Mild Steel in say 4mm or 5mm will be the cheapest option.. and then maybe powder coated etc..... the other option would be Stainless..however thats a moving price target pending which grade, however you may not have to paint it????..ferritic grade 400 series will rust:big_smile:

Also price will depend on how many items can be nested into say a 2400 x 1200 sheet ?

My preference would be 4 or 5mm M/S and I'd spray them myself in 2 pack.

Just be carefull you dont go to thick. The ones i drew are based of Steel 3mm thick plates. You would be suprised how strong/heavy & sturdy even 3 thick plate is.

If you go to thick, it will change the bend lengths, probably not enough to worry anything though.

5 thick plate is dam heavy! and i dont think you can get 4 thick plate. If you want to go thicker, use aluminium possibly.

5 thick you may be looking at installing new HD torsion bars with them :sarcastic:

Just calc'd the weight on Inventor; 3 thick plate the sump guard is about 15Kg, 5 thick plate the sump guard goes up to about 25Kg! Thats pretty heavy!

Pete

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back