Dont use Sax suspension.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navmania

Reaction score
Hi all. Just a warning. Don't use SAX Suspension. Like a lot of forum users that have used this product for the D22 have had a lot of problems with it and after sales service from them. It seams to be very common that if you have problems or
require warranty from them the service stops dead in its tracks and you are left waiting for even a return phone call. This seams common with most forum users. I can't even contact them on their mobile numbers as it seams to be now disconnected. My next step will be consumer affairs as they owe me for a return I made to them over a month ago for a pair of their shocks that failed after two days of use. After many weeks of stuffing around just to get there product to work in my navara and a lot of $$$ wasted I and I think other users would agree to stay away. I now know how all the other guys on here now feel not to mention possible others elsewhere. I don't normally do this type of thing on a forum but I think people should know what they a getting them self into. Use something else. Their is stacks of info on here as to what else can be used (ie Zordo etc). I will keep you posted on the out come.

Cheers.

I know I sound like a broken record but theres a reason I always tell people to buy EFS springs with Bilstein or Koni shocks and to stay the hell away from Sax.

Yeah we'll that might be people's only option if they keep running their business like they are. They won't have a business if they keep burning their customers. Bad consumer feedback can spread like the plague.

Thats unfortunate, theirs nothing worse than getting a dodgy product and then find it paired with poor customer service.
As above go with a good brand, i run the ranchors9000xl, awsome so far, have a crack at them or some good koni's or bilstein's

Thats unfortunate, theirs nothing worse than getting a dodgy product and then find it paired with poor customer service.
As above go with a good brand, i run the ranchors9000xl, awsome so far, have a crack at them or some good koni's or bilstein's

I ended up putting a set of 9000xl's in so I could valve them myself. Just ordered today the in cab air adjuster kit. (The old style one) from the states. Their hard to get now so was a good find. $189 delivered, not bad considering retailers here in oz want $999 if you can get one.

I ended up putting a set of 9000xl's in so I could valve them myself. Just ordered today the in cab air adjuster kit. (The old style one) from the states. Their hard to get now so was a good find. $189 delivered, not bad considering retailers here in oz want $999 if you can get one.

fair enough, don't you like the valving? I found that there is amazing "tune-ability"

Yeah the valving in the SAX shocks is way to hard for the springs, you need to run near standard shock valving to get them to work. Plus one of the SAX shocks failed after the first day. So I sent them back and told I would be refunded. But not to be, after chasing them for a month and sales now not interested in returning calls unlike when they wanted my money.

I know Dave(admin) has had allot of probs with the springs and the service and he is talking about other avenues to try and get his $$ back

Well if that's the way I definitely will not be going sax in my d40 strictly for the principle with you guys no service from me now thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna stick to the original plan get my bilstein adjustables from the states and go dobinsons springs all round.

I'll second all of the coments about Sax and their poor customer service.

When I explained to John (the owner I believe) the problems I am having with
his springs and shocks, he hung up on me !! Thats good for business...Not

fj

Excuse the French but what a ****wit, who hangs up on a customer. Oh yeah as for monster rides trying to move there product (ie sax) I would think twice about, because you would expect the same not negative comments and then sax trying to offload there springs and struts instead.

Just had a look at the Brisbane 4x4 and tinne show list and sax suspension has a still there under the CVSS banner. Maybe people can head down and possibly bail them up there.

Had a talk with John today.
He is sending me a new pair of shocks, that he thinks will improve my ride.
I do admit the ride with a couple of hundred kg in back is ok.
Hopefully these shocks are softer!!
fj

Excuse the French but what a ****wit, who hangs up on a customer. Oh yeah as for monster rides trying to move there product (ie sax) I would think twice about, because you would expect the same not negative comments and then sax trying to offload there springs and struts instead.

Trev you have seen my navara and the issues with my SAX stuff, I have the advantage of having head office 10 mins from home so there's no avoiding me.

There rear spring setup is good but that is about where it stops.

I have a full SAX kit, after 3 months my rears have sagged by 30-40mm, I have a bit of constant weight and regularly tow a heavy camper. The springs and hangers are also contacting the chassis in 3 places either side, rear shock upper mounts are wider than standard so I have had issues with the top nuts coming undone. Front springs and shocks are very firm, even with a steel bar and 12000lb winch with steel cable.

I had suspension issues on a recent trip to Cairns, lucky enough TJM in Cairns got me back on the road again to get me home.

I booked the Nav in for Monday just gone for the following items to be addressed.

Rear springs unable to carry load- sagging
rear shocks possibly the wrong ones, as advised by TJM
front springs shocks to stiff.

They added another leaf to the rear springs, Nav now sits level

removed the inner washer from rear shock and replaced with a thinner unit, this apparently has then given plenty of thread for the nut to tighten

Nothing can be done about the front springs and shocks, they do not make different rate springs.

Finally my Nav is sitting level with around 65-70mm of lift from original, but the ride is very firm. Good on the street but not sure about off road, I need to take it for a run down a dirt road to see what its like, previously was uncomfortable so I can only imagine it will now be worse.

I have been dealing with Brad from SAX at CVSS and despite my problems has been willing to listen and has been helpful.

I expressed my concern with my faith in the ability of the product given the upcoming Cape Trip, he assured me it would love it but declined my offer on occupying my passenger seat.

Maybe we should start a thread on who has sax suspension and PM each other details of problems we are incurring.

My ideal scenerio would be for SAX to take back there suspension and give me my money back so I can move onto something more reassuring.

could always put them on ebay, bit of a c*nty thing to do but some people out there would buy them.

Latest posts

Back