Go Back   The Navara Forum > D40 > D40 550 Engine & Gearbox

Old 29-12-2017, 09:40 PM

UPDATE.......

Well my cruise has started working perfectly again and I think that maybe it was the clock spring after all. Possibly it has taken quite some distance for the steering angle sensor to re-calibrate to centre position. I was driving on a long trip and after I stopped for fuel everything is fine again. Has been working perfectly for the last couple of weeks.

My best guess is that it was the clock spring after all and the ECU needed to relearn the steering angle centre position.....

Also a broken clock spring does not throw an error code on a generic OBDII scan tool. It might with the Factory Nissan consult OBDII tool but not sure
_

Last edited by raptorthumper; 29-12-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 30-12-2017, 06:40 AM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

In the 2009 D40 (and obviously other models, like 2006-2011 D40s) the clock spring holds physical wire connections for cruise control, airbag and horn - there is no angle sensor for the steering. A break in the wire for anything but the airbag will simply look to the car like the button hasn't been pressed. For the airbag, since the airbag is tested on ECU startup, an airbag warning light will flash if the airbag is not detected.

The key in answering the question will be whether or not the 550's steering column has an ABS-like ring somewhere on it or similar that detects steering movement.

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."

Old 13-01-2018, 05:28 AM

Hay guys cruise ok now it was the brakelight fuse

Old 17-01-2018, 10:53 PM

Tony behind the clock spring is a module that looks like a steering angle sensor. I cant remember what it is called but nissan price was about $500 when i priced it. The clock springs on the V6 diesels are different to the cheap ones sold on ebay. There is an extra connector. Any way cruise is working normally again soi can only think it was this and it took some time for the ecu to relearn the centre position..

_