Heater Core Pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Activeguy

Reaction score
Hi All,
First Post!
My Navara STX (Diesel, Automatic,11/2008 Build) has developed a coolant leak where the Heater Core Pipe joins to the Heater Core Hose just forward of the firewall. On further investigation the plastic end of the core pipe which the hose clamps around has actually now parted from the pipe, so the car is undrivable.

As far as I can tell its only the plastic end of the core pipe which needs to be replaced but I cant tell how it is bonded onto the aluminium tube, so maybe I do need the entire tube.

My dealer has provided 3 part numbers which need to be replaced 92408EB30A - Tube ($361) ,92411EC000 - Hose ($82), 0155800521 - Clips ($7). The problem is one of these parts is not available in Australia and I was quoted a months wait for it to come from Japan.

I looked online and I can get the tube and the clips for about $60 all up from the USA (how Nissan can charge $361 for a $50 pipe I'll never know), but no one in the USA can cross-reference the 92411EC000 hose which I think is the part they can't get locally. It looks like a straight bit of hose which I suspect we could jury-rig using generic bit of hose or use the old hose for the time being.

Any suggestions to get me on the road quicker would be helpful.

Anyone suggest a good Nissan wreckers in Sydney??

To make it drivable, just connect the rubber hoses (inlet and outlet) together.

second that. my heater box itself started leaking straight into the cab. bypassed it 8 months ago and have not yet needed to spend the 9 hours or so digging the failed heater box out. for a temporary fix (or longer) the heater bypass is perfectly ok!

I have replaced the aluminum pipe with the plastic end before and have replaced it solely just have to be gentle to the plastic end and have fun as the Ali pipe goes from there down to the drivers side with one solid piece and has bends in it.

Seeing Red!!! Blatant theft by dealer!

Thanks for the responses.

In the end I decided to take the car back to my Nissan Dealer to be repaired. I just figgered I'd pay the money and get it done right....how wrong was I!!!

I picked up the car this morning, Good Friday, they left it out for me as I was interstate yesterday, only to find that instead of replacing the whole aluminium tube as they said they would (and as I'd paid for), they'd simply cut the head off the old pipe, done the same to the new $397 one and joined the old to the new with a bit of hose and charged me $339 for labour - all up $927.15. So much for the integrity of this dealer!!!

I still can't believe they did this!!! It's just outrageous!!
I can't wait to talk to them on Tuesday...

I dont know whether I really want them to touch the car again - they're just as likely to sabotage it as fix it....

Back