V9X intercooler to turbo pipe replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busiboy

Reaction score
I bought a pipe off

https://plazmaman.com/shop_itemdetail.php?itemid=371&cate=0

Installed it today, took 40 mins, I had some trouble connecting the hard pipes, but it wasn't a real issue. Got it all connected up and I can noticed the difference, turbo lag has been improved dramatically.

Can't hear the turbo more as per something I read but the straight through pipes as opposed to the ribbed and conscripted nissan system.

Good choice

I also installed the plazmaman pipe kit.
Originally cable tied the factory pipe.
Did help a little but decided to go the plazmaman one.
More turbo noise due to the hot side baffles being removed.
Also removed the baffle in the air box with the help of my Dremel.

very happy

Have been driving for a few days now since installing.
Mine is ecu tuned and already had many improvements in power and driving.

Very noticeable turbo noise now.
At times I think too much with the 3inch exhaust!

With my tune I now have too much power too soon will have to change tune.
Over responsive when on the pedal too quick.

Please remember mine is tuned and not stock.

Money well spent in my mind is what I can say.

I rang up today to get one but they were out of stock but said they should be back from the powder coaters tomorrow at some stage.
DDR, what chip are you running?

responded

I rang up today to get one but they were out of stock but said they should be back from the powder coaters tomorrow at some stage.
DDR, what chip are you running?

No chip this time around.
I ran the chipit module in my previous 2.5 navara.
Too many issues with add on chips.
The ecu's don't like it.

This time around I did it the correct way.

Power Chip Wayne Besanko 0418337189 tuned it on PAC PERFORMANCES Dyno.

Have a read of my others posts in the STX550 section on V9X v6 powerchips

Plazmaman are selling these like hot cakes.

This would explain why mine has not been sent.
Cant trust the original hose after hearing about so many failing.
Thanks for the link.

To answer the questions above, I replaced mine because; I'd heard they fail, I'd heard that the soft pipe doesn't help with turbo lag.

I'm happy witht he upgrade, there is a slight but noticeable boost in performance.

Before

After

I bought a pipe off

Installed it today, took 40 mins, I had some trouble connecting the hard pipes, but it wasn't a real issue. Got it all connected up and I can noticed the difference, turbo lag has been improved dramatically.

Hi Busiboy,
I'm going to change mine as I had my car serviced today at the dealers was told all good, drove it home and when I checked it over I found that the intercooler hose was split and the engine oil dip stick was bent I then checked the invoice and they have put syn edge 5w-30 oil in it, not happy on all 3 only thing is can't go back to them until Monday as the service dept don't open on Saturdays,
So what troubles did you have connecting the pipes and are there any other issues before I buy? and how do you remove the nissan claims? Could you give a step by step remove and fit?
Cheers

Last edited:
I bought a pipe off

Hi Busiboy,
I'm going to change mine as I had my car serviced today at the dealers was told all good, drove it home and when I checked it over I found that the intercooler hose was split and the engine oil dip stick was bent I then checked the invoice and they have put syn edge 5w-30 oil in it, not happy on all 3 only thing is can't go back to them until Monday as the service dept don't open on Saturdays,
So what troubles did you have connecting the pipes and are there any other issues before I buy? and how do you remove the nissan claims? Could you give a step by step remove and fit?
Cheers

Update: I got the car back from nissan today they put a new hose on under warranty again but is a different type it is not like the silicon hose with the spring wire around it, it a rubber hose like a radiator hose and there is no wire bound around it, wonder if will last ?
Cheers Lyle

Put mine on over the weekend, restored the performance and improved the economy as well. Cheers JM

Put mine on over the weekend, restored the performance and improved the economy as well. Cheers JM

Hi mate still thinking about it, how hard was it to fit the new pipe and is there a knack for undoing the Nissan clamps on the old pipe? Do you get everything in the kit or do you reuse Nissan clamps etc? And was yours a plazman kit?
Cheers

Last edited:
Easy to fit, lever off (gently) the black plastic thingos (absolutely no idea what you would call them) and pop the existing spring locks, there are 3 in total 2 of which are the same, you will reuse the 3rd on the pipe at the engine end, and one of the others at the intercooler end.

Take off the old pipes from near the radiator to the engine end (2 old pipes).

My method of fitting the new was to put spring on the new short pipe and push it on until the click springs into place. I then put the joiner onto that pipe first. Next was to get the long pipe on at the radiator end, pipe on first and then the clip seemed to work for me. Then join the pipes over the motor.

It is straight forward and the whole kit came from plazaman with everything there except the reused spring clips. Plazaman was prompt and no issue to deal with.

It is an easy job to do....results for me are good (I drive around with the car set for camping all the time, long range tank and roof top tent on all the time. The old pipe had 57k kms on it, the new has helped to get its spring in its step back even with all the load.

Cheers
J

Easy to fit, lever off (gently) the black plastic thingos (absolutely no idea what you would call them) and pop the existing spring locks, there are 3 in total 2 of which are the same, you will reuse the 3rd on the pipe at the engine end, and one of the others at the intercooler end.

Take off the old pipes from near the radiator to the engine end (2 old pipes).

My method of fitting the new was to put spring on the new short pipe and push it on until the click springs into place. I then put the joiner onto that pipe first. Next was to get the long pipe on at the radiator end, pipe on first and then the clip seemed to work for me. Then join the pipes over the motor.

It is straight forward and the whole kit came from plazaman with everything there except the reused spring clips. Plazaman was prompt and no issue to deal with.

It is an easy job to do....results for me are good (I drive around with the car set for camping all the time, long range tank and roof top tent on all the time. The old pipe had 57k kms on it, the new has helped to get its spring in its step back even with all the load.

Cheers
J

Thanks mate, where the old hose joins the intercooler dose it have another rubber hose or dose it clamp straight onto the alloy? Can you throw up a couple of pics where it clamps on please?

Cheers Lyle

It would be very hard to get a photo due to the location, but it's an easy job to do.

The hard pipes fit directly to the metal fittings on both the intercooler and turbo end, there is a single flex pipe in between to allow some movement.

You can see 90% of the pipe in the photo I posted.

Last edited:
Take a look

It would be very hard to get a photo due to the location, but it's an easy job to do.

The hard pipes fit directly to the metal fittings on both the intercooler and turbo end, there is a single flex pipe in between to allow some movement.

You can see 90% of the pipe in the photo I posted.

Have a look at Pathy550's photos.
Can't get any better photo than that.

Rang the local Nissan dealer(spare parts) today thought about getting a couple spare clamps in case I stuff one off the old hose, was quoted $187 for the 4 clamps I said dose that include the hose? nope only for the 4 clamps! She said try some where else they might have something that suits, even she said that she couldn't even justify that price.

I wouldn't bother, the bit you need to transfer is a spring wire piece, unless you take to it with wire cutters it would be pretty hard to damage it.

Back