Gas jet mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennm

Reaction score
Well at least I think that is what Paul called it. When I was in having the timing chain done a few weeks back Paul mentioned the mod. He said it is better than the egr blank and allowed the engine to breathe better. He did talk about some of the technical aspects but it was late on a friday and he was up to his elbows in another nav with the customer waiting. Does anyone else know about this as I have only seen the egr blank mentioned. I was concerned the dreaded black smoke would return but no it is all good.

gas injection isn't new
its been around for about 10 yrs now
I don't know much about it other than to say if it was any good they would all be using it, and maybe the bloke praising it is selling them
but I would be keen to hear more, why aren't we using it ?

Just spoke to him about this and his getting back to me.. I already did the egr mod several years ago and only found out about this today.. I'm really curious on how it will improve performance

Yes that is it. I only saw the removed item so had no idea what the installed bit looked like.
I assume that as the replacement not only blocks the egr it also removes the bit of extra pipe that protrudes into the airway thus improving air flow? Does both D22 & D40 which is a bonus.

Not needed on a d22
Cant comment on d40 or pathy
What does it do?
I think the d40 and pathy need a small amount of flow through egr system to avoid fault codes

Last edited:
Sparra.
Someone in this forum had both the egr blank plate and the egr delet kit from yd25 in his nav. He said the yd25 kit gave better response and you could really tell the difference unlike the blank plate.

I was looking into it but a few things come higher on the list

Yeah I'm looking at doing this mod.
Sent yd25.com.au an email about it, inquiring about prices and such.
I'll keep you guys updated.

Hey guys, the bloke from yd25.com.au got back to me.
The gas jet mod applies to our D22's aswell, infact he thinks the D22's get a bigger increase then the D40's.
Apparently it helps alot with the lag and low down torque.
The blank to my door was 43 bucks, so i'll whack it in sometime this week and let you guys know how i go.

I would be interested in hearing HOW it works
is he injecting lpg into the intake??

sounds a bit like the hiclone
or the polarizer

the only thing that a google search returns is this thread

Last edited:
I would be interested in hearing HOW it works
is he injecting lpg into the intake??

sounds a bit like the hiclone
or the polarizer

the only thing that a google search returns is this thread

Look up yd25.com.au it's part of the EGR gas jet blanking kit.
It's basically a pipe that protrudes into the airstream in a 2.5's intake manifold, the air rushing past the pipe creates a vacuum which draws the EGR gases in, because most of us have blocked them anyway, all it does it create turbulence in the intake.
I figured it's a cheap mod and it's worth a go.
Old mate from the site said once i had it apart it would be obvious how restricted it is.
I'm not expecting a gigantic increase in power or torque but every little bit helps.

It makes your d22 do this

Attachments

• FA-18-Afterburners.jpg
    FA-18-Afterburners.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 101
from what i've seen in the pics
the gas jet mod (culd do with a better name) is simply to remove in the egr intake pipe. worth doing as anything that make turbulence in the airflow will reduce airflow.

but don't forget i doubt anyone has modded the intake butterfly system (eg the butterfly mod on the zd30) which makes an even bigger restriction to the airflow.

I have looked on the website and there is no explanation as to how the "jet" helps power or economy
hundreds of us on here have the d22 yd25 egr completely blanked off
others with the d40 need a small hole I believe to stop fault code
and considering the EGR valve is shut under heavy throttle I cant see how any jet will help
I am not saying don't do it or it wont work, please let us know how it goes
It just has me baffled as to how it would help anything other than someone elses bank acct
cheers

Well i'll take some pictures when i do the install.
I'm happy to be the guinea pig lol.
We are taking the jet out, and putting a blank in, so the its better flowing.
I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back