ball joints on uca a common problem D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X-D22pilot

Reaction score
Anyone else had trouble with the ball joints in the upper control arms? Got a alignment today and they told me they are both screwed, I have only done about 35000 kms since they went in, there bolted to calmini upper control arms so will probably be a mission finding replacements that fit...

Any one tried fitting the stock ball joints to the calmini upper control arms?

Will be trying that in a week if I cant find a stockist that has the ones I am after lol

Have a look at purenissan.com. They have direct replacements for their arms.
Cheers.

Do a search I seem to remember the ball joints for the Cal uca's were the same as the earlier D21

Ah yer cheers, the search results I got back showed a offset mounted balljoint available in Aus, none with the same mounting style as what I have, I originally got them from superior engineering with the calmini ucas but I checked there site today and it looks like they don't stock them anymore. I have emailed a enquiry though, that site that is posted in a reply above looks like they have em so ill wait for there reply and if they dont. Ill rip one out and take it to nissan to compare it to a d21 one, cheers for that mate :)

Pretty sure your ball joints are now d21as others have said. For some reason calmini uca are made with d21 ball joints instead of d22.
It didnt stop me fitting calmini uca. Once youve worked it out try nizzbits for a better than dealer price.

ok so they are the same as the D21 upper ball joints, I shopped around, Nissan parts quoted me around $180 for genuine, few other places where around the $120 mark delivered, I found a seller on ebay that had WASP ones for $76 delivered for both so went with that.

Fitted them today after one failed attempt last Friday, to get them out you need a ball joint remover tool that is shaped like a fork, I got one from repco that worked a treat, was around $23, I saw other ways on the net like using 2 hammers and striking either side simultaneously but just went with the tool.

Can do it by just belting with a single mallet, the bigger the sledge the better. Don't need any simultaneous hammer hitting crap. I know cos I have done it, you have to give it a good bash

Can do it by just belting with a single mallet, the bigger the sledge the better. Don't need any simultaneous hammer hitting crap. I know cos I have done it, you have to give it a good bash

Yer tried that with a decent hammer last Friday, didn't want to go to hard and break something but now I know it takes a decent hit I would go with that if I never had the tool.

Latest posts

Back